PDA

View Full Version : A Call for Nominations for Catsey Camilles!

angieh
20-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Last year a few of us decided to have an annual event for our beloved cats, similar to human Oscars. We have Camilles, a most prestigious award for cats.

Categories under which you may nominate your cat are as follows:

1. The Starving Cat or Drama Queen - for excellent acting abilities

2. The Hoomey? - for the cat who can look at you with a butter wouldn't melt expression eg. standing by the empty canary cage with a yellow feather in his whiskers (and in memory of dandysmom/Eileen as this category was her suggestion.)

3. The Tyson - for our fierce fellows (also suggested by dandysmom)

4. The Priscilla - a bit of a variation on the above - think handbags at dawn, or Priscilla Queen of the Desert!

5. The Charlie - for cats who do comedy

6. The Elmer - for those cats who lose things, eg. their mouse and end up empty-pawed.

7. The Brave Sir Roger - for our cowardly brothers and sisters who would probably hide if faced with said mouse.

8. The Nimrod (or Diana) - for our bravest hunter or huntress

9. The Bert - for those positions that only cats can achieve, halfway between contortionist or acrobat.

Nominations may be by written description, so get your best quill out and chose your words well or by photograph or video.

If more than one nomination is received in any one category, the entrants will be put forward to a vote by Catsey members.

So far, previous winners of awards have been Smudge (cats' staff) and Cassie (Mags).

I would like to be able to make the awards by the end of June 2012, so please start nominations as soon as possible!!!

For those that are interested in the history of these awards please see:
http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=40915 (A Catsey Camille for Smudge - Drama Queen)
http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=39531 (Catsey Camille for Cassie - Bert Award - acrobat/contortionist) +
http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=39330 (photo competition)

cats' staff
21-04-2012, 07:31 PM
I would like to nominate Cleo for the 'The Brave Sir Roger' award for cowardice in the face of the following:

Telephones
Plastic bags
Sneezes
Yawns (because they sound a bit like they might be sneezes)
The spin cycle on washing machines
Knocks at the door
Vacuuming
A steam iron hissing (not that she hears that one very often)
Letters coming through the door

Her reaction to a yawn or sneeze is particularly impressive. At the first hint of in-drawn breath she tenses, freezes and GLARES. If a sneeze follows she leaps from wherever she has frozen and runs to one of her favoured hiding places (the airing cupboard, under the bed or under the desk in OH's room). Sadly for Cleo, we both get hayfever

Here is the nominee wondering whether to flee..
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff346/pippapls/cleoinsun2.jpg

angieh
21-04-2012, 08:36 PM
That's a spectacular performance by Cleo - it must cost her huge amounts of energy to be so reactive! I wonder if any other cat could equal the things she's not brave in the face of :D

Thanks cats' staff - your nomination is accepted!

angieh
27-04-2012, 12:37 PM
***bump***

Shelley123
27-04-2012, 05:37 PM
CS, your description of Cleo made me laugh, bless her.

Shelley123
27-04-2012, 05:47 PM
I'd like to nominate Jerry for the Starving Cat.
It is impossible to enter the kitchen without him staring up whistfuly at you for food.
He has a rule that anyone going into the kitchen has to feed him.
As you can see from the stomach nearly touching the floor, he's rather undernourished and needs building up (That's his story and he's sticking to it !"
http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af118/thunderbird8588/P1050114.jpg

cats' staff
27-04-2012, 07:14 PM
Oh that plaintive face! The poor, starving wee lamb......:)

angieh
27-04-2012, 07:36 PM
Quickly, quickly, give the poor boy something to eat!

Thanks Shelley - your nomination of Jerry is accepted!

CathyW
29-04-2012, 07:59 PM
will u have nominations for *the dudes* the pair of cool cats who rule the back alley way with a fierce paw!!

angieh
29-04-2012, 08:38 PM
I think that would fall quite happily into The Tyson category, boys mum! Hope you are going to nominate your two .... maybe we will have to have a sub-category, The Krays, which would suit Ronnie and Reggie perfectly!!!

cats' staff
04-05-2012, 08:40 PM
I would like to nominate my three miscreants for the Hoomey as they are all adopting an air of injured innocence when questioned about the recent sad demise of three baby rabbits. More details about the crime and suspects (Cleo, Smudge and Tolly) can be found here http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=41099

angieh
04-05-2012, 09:04 PM
Brilliant! That means we can have a poll ....... I'm not sure when exactly as the closing date for nominations has not yet been set. Don't want to lose impetus, but want to give others a good chance to make nominations.

Your nominations of Cleo, Smudge and Tolly are accepted CS - many thanks.

cats' staff
04-05-2012, 10:13 PM
I think Boys Mum may well have 2 contenders for a Tyson?

angieh
11-05-2012, 10:45 AM
***bump***

boys mum? Will you be nominating Ronnie and Reggie???

angieh
07-06-2012, 10:06 AM
Sorry peeps! I've let this slip a bit ..........

CLOSING DATE FOR NOMINATIONS IS SUNDAY 10th JUNE - 12.00 MID-NIGHT.

After that any polls needed will be posted.

Could someone tap boys mum on the shoulder (if they are in contact on a social network site) and ask her to post if she wants Ronnie and Reggie nominated please?

angieh
09-06-2012, 03:05 PM
****BUMP*****
Last day tomorrow!

cats' staff
09-06-2012, 05:17 PM
Can we nominate cats belonging to other members or just our own?

angieh
09-06-2012, 10:29 PM
Good thought .......... yes, why not?

cats' staff
09-06-2012, 11:08 PM
I'd like to nominate Reggie and Ronnie (belonging to Boy's Mum) for the Tyson please. As she said, they are cool dudes who rule the alleys with iron paws.

angieh
10-06-2012, 10:35 AM
Great - thanks for that nomination CS! I am sure that Ronnie and Reggie are perfect candidates for that award.

Don't forget last day for nominations today folks and as CS has suggested - you MAY nominate someone else's feline friend for an award.