PDA

View Full Version : Exercise is bad for you

cats' staff
09-04-2012, 05:08 PM
In an attempt to keep flexible I regularly do a Pilates mat session. I use the spare room as my exercise space, the room has a folding bed in it and also doubles as the laundry drying space so it can get a bit cramped in there. Recently Cleo has decided she likes that room and it can be a bit of a challenge to do some of the moves with her in there as she will decide to sit directly behind me on the nice warm mat.

Yesterday Smudge decided to get in on the act and came to watch. Cleo took exception to this and swatted Smudge who jumped onto the folding bed and sent a full basket of laundry I'd put there out of the way flying- onto me. Laundry baskets can hurt!

The situation wasn't helped by OH coming in to find out what the noise was and collapsing in helpless laughter at the sight of me covered in (thankfully clean) washing.

Sigh, it would have been much safer just to sit and eat chocolate........

angieh
09-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Thanks, CS - that's given me a good laugh on a very wet and dismal day!

alexgirl73
09-04-2012, 06:08 PM
:lol: it would have been a sight to behold.

yola
10-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Good to know yours do that too! Whenever I get my exercise mat out, between unrolling it and sitting/lying down, there is always at least 1 cat straight onto it.

Used to be worse when Fifi was more mobile and Balie was still around. They were lining up along it before I could get a look in :roll:

cats' staff
24-04-2012, 09:11 PM
And smudge's contribution to the exercise regime today was to sneak in to the room (I SWEAR that cat can tiptoe) and suddenly miouw loudly right in my ear. I don't think it is good for a person to jump mid stretch.....

angieh
25-04-2012, 10:34 AM
So very sorry CS - but I hooted!

You really ought to send your cat storylines to the chap who does Simon's Cat.

cats' staff
25-04-2012, 02:38 PM
Perhaps I should learn to draw cartoons and make my fortune?
I think Smudge just wants me as a comfy couch potato.....