PDA

View Full Version : Bye bye Thomas?

Stephan
06-04-2012, 08:56 PM
Not often I visit here these days but only cat lovers would understand.

Thomas `lived` next door but never took to them having a dog. He lived in my garden and spat at me for years. Then about 3 weeks ago he realised I provided food,and a week later let me get close(by now he was 16).

Last week he rubbed up to me and allowed me to brush him-all purrs and pounding paws. So it was for three more days.

He has vanished.

Did he want a full tummy and a brushed coat before going to heaven?

alexgirl73
06-04-2012, 10:07 PM
:( That sounds to me like a goodbye.

Mags
06-04-2012, 10:19 PM
Just not knowing is sad, Steph :(

Whatever has happened to him, feel glad that he let you brush him and get close to him before he went...

angieh
06-04-2012, 11:42 PM
Perhaps a bit of comfort at last? Wherever Thomas has gone, I hope he enjoyed that comfort.

Stephan
07-04-2012, 06:03 PM
Wow-I spoke too soon. Came home at lunch time and there he was sitting outside my back door!!. Goodness knows where he has been for four days,certainly not next door as they are away. Rollo(the dog) is not so Thomas would not have gone back there.

Strange creatures are cats.

Kazz
07-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Maybe he was off strutting his stuff ......looking dapper and smart.

Mags
07-04-2012, 06:46 PM
Sounds like he came back for some more attention from you, Steph :D

angieh
07-04-2012, 08:21 PM
Sounds now more like Thomas O'Malley!

Stephan
08-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Something has changed for sure these past couple of weeks. He positively trotted down my garden path earlier and had a long chin `scritch` before even thinking about food.

Keep in mind this is a cat who has run away every time he saw me for 15 years. It was quite a scene earlier,Cleo eating next to me,Thomas ditto and the two ducks who come to mate on my pond next to them gobbling up the wild bird seed I give them.

yola
10-04-2012, 02:39 PM
Sounds like you've finally made a friend of Thomas. My old Ferdy was a bit like that; wary for years and years only coming into the garden to snatch some food . . . once he was through the door and neutered though there was no stopping him making himself at home :D