PDA

View Full Version : Good Friday

Kazz
06-04-2012, 10:27 AM
Had a good nights work been hard but to be expected Easter we are busy. Peak as we call it.....in the trade ;)

Anyhow my feet hurt too which is unusual but I put it down to being off and then standing and walking on an unforgiving concrete floor for almost 14 hours a night.

Came home about 8 am and got Sal and went a nice walk up the nautre reserve.......very relaxing (had put my trainers on too) and guess what had 2 minutes jogging inbetween walking did that 4 times this morning.

Popped Sal home and then topped up with petrol and got a bit of shopping and the lottery from sainsburys...not got to go out again over the bank hol till work Monday night Yeah :-D Although arranged to go out with friends Sat or Sun night.

Right enough moaning weather good here at the moment, just passing time then going to bed for a few hours.......see you all later have fun and be good.

Mags
06-04-2012, 11:08 AM
Morning Kazz - Happy Easter to all!:)

Beautiful sunny day here and not a cloud in sight. I'm taking advantage of the weather and will be potting on various plug plants this afternoon.

I hope those who had them, enjoyed their Hot Cross Buns this morning! :D

Have a great Easter weekend everyone!

Kazz
06-04-2012, 11:13 AM
Opps sorry Happy Easter...and Goodnight

Kazz
06-04-2012, 11:13 AM
Morning Mags

angieh
06-04-2012, 11:37 AM
Morning Kazz and Mags and those to come. Happy Easter, well Good Friday - not really Easter until Sunday in my book. I've just finished a Hot Cross Bun - lovely!

Weather good here too - blue sky and warm in the greenhouse. I already have Basil shooting in the propagator but nothing else yet. Going to try taking some Penstemon cuttings later.

Kazz - how long is your nightly shift? 14 hours in one hit sounds excessive to me. And I have gel insoles and poron insoles in my trainers!!!

Hope all have a good holiday.

pamela81
06-04-2012, 12:21 PM
afternoon kazz mags an angie

Kazz hope you get some time to rest your feet
Mags, the weather here is raining so kinda stoppe our plans for today
Angie hope you have a nice ay in the gardem doing trimmings

We were over at OHs sisters house this morning helping her get her cat olivia into the cat carrier to go to the vet as she didnt manage it last week as olivia put up quite a fight!! she called on because she knows we have had plenty of practice with our 2 not wanting to go in!! I went to the vet with her and olivia was very well behave for the vet :)

Bought the monsters a new toy mouse which squeaks when they touch it, Harris loves it, hes claime it as his own, will need to get some pics of him playing with it.

Heading to my sisters later for a candle party and OH is going to his friends so a busy day here for us.

Hope yo all have a nice day :)

lynz85
06-04-2012, 07:16 PM
evening all, not long in from work was quite quiet today as the surgeries are closed. chilly with spits of rain here today.

wishing you all a lovely easter weekend!!

i'm a bit upset and angry today, my brother came into my work to tell me he had my nephew up at A&E as he'd fallen out of bed at his respite centre. apparently he'd hit himself on the sink in his room, tho they phoned at 5am to say 'he'd walked into the wardrobe and had a wee bruise on his cheek'. my sis in law said if he didnt settle to call back and she'd come get him. well when my brother went to pick him up this morning he has a huge purple black eye, a bump on his head and a chipped tooth. im in utter disbelief with the way he has been treated and how its been handled. my nephew is 12, has autism and epilepsy. why on earth you'd put a child back to bed after a bump on the head, never mind such a vulnerable child with epilepsy is beyond me. im quite shocked and appalled at the whole thing. my nephew is ok, they didnt want to xray his head because he would need an anaesthetic, he's at home being spoiled. 2 carers have been suspended over in and in my opinion should be sacked, care comission involved now too.
he should have had a rail along his bed to stop him falling out, why was this not on? why didnt the staff get him picked up/dr out? why did they lie? :evil:

angieh
06-04-2012, 08:33 PM
What a catalogue of failures in the care of your nephew Lynz - that's appalling. I hope that there will be an enquiry at the very least. I suppose the authority (whichever that is) is taking the matter seriously as the two carers have been suspended already - what happens next is what will tell how proactive they are in protecting vulnerable children. I am glad that your nephew is OK. Your brother and wife must be so very anxious.

lynz85
06-04-2012, 09:23 PM
they were fuming, they've only really started his respite care in the last year and he's only ever there for a night at a time, dont think they'l be able to trust another one either! will probably have to wait until after the easter hols to see what's happening about it. poor we guy, i started crying when i saw him and that started his mum off too!