PDA

View Full Version : Kizzy has a bit of dandruff

angieh
24-02-2012, 01:07 PM
Not much, but just enough to leave a few flakes on her fur. Does anyone have any recommendations to help get rid of this? She has regular flea treatment and is not scratching excessively. She is beginning to moult.

Shelley123
24-02-2012, 03:40 PM
Poor Kizzy, pity cats can't use head and shoulders ;)
I think fish oil is reccomended for dogs with dry skin, perhaps the same goes for cats.
You could maybe try her with some oily fish such as pilchards ? Think you can probably buy fish oil to give too.

niki71uk
24-02-2012, 05:33 PM
Cod Liver Oil ????? U Can Get Jelly Like Things

Elaine
24-02-2012, 06:22 PM
As Shelly said, some nice smelly oily fish once or twice a week should help, sardine, mackeral, pilchards. Its probably down to the milder winter and if your anything like me, the heating will still be on high as its freezing one day and warm the next.;)

angieh
24-02-2012, 06:51 PM
She's a funny girl with her food, but I will try sardines - I have got some salmon oil that I bought ages ago for Merlin, but he wouldn't touch it!

Can you give Evening Primrose oil to cats do you know? I know that is recommended for dogs with skin problems.

Velvet
24-02-2012, 07:18 PM
Yes Angie you can give EPO to cats as well as dogs x

angieh
25-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Thanks Velvet ........ do you know what concentration is OK for cats, or would you give the same as for say a small dog?

Edited to say: found the Dorwest website so know what to order now. Thanks!