PDA

View Full Version : Tags?

SLB
16-01-2012, 11:14 AM
Do your cats wear tags?

Wheatley now has a collar on but yesterday we had a slight panic attack because my autistic BiL came round for a visit, now he likes to play outside when he comes round, we heard the door open but we didn't hear it shut.. and when we shut it, we couldn't find the cat. Luckily he'd decided to keep out of the way upstairs *phew*

I am thinking of getting a tag because we have a main road one side of the house and a field followed by woodland the other side. He isn't chipped yet (waiting for pay day) so if he does get out, as we are quite rural - no one would know who he belongs to.

So is yours tagged?

lynz85
16-01-2012, 12:12 PM
my cat is a house cat so hes never worn a collar, he is chipped though. my mums cat goes out, she is chipped and wears a collar but she doesn't have a tag, i was thinking of getting one for her.

paulinef2
16-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Both cats chipped but no collars or tags, but they are house cats. When Tiger used to go out I didn't put a collar on him after he pulled the first one over his lower jaw and I had to cut it off him.

angieh
16-01-2012, 02:26 PM
My two are come and go cats and they always used to wear collars, but no tags. Since having an electronic cat flap that activates via their microchips, neither wear collars now. Pip used to lose his collars regularly.

We are semi rural and on balance, I'm happier that neither of them are likely to get caught in hedgerows by collars.