PDA

View Full Version : A loving home is waiting

DorothyB
13-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Hi I'm new here and as I said in my intro, until recently we had 2 Burmese cats, then one - sadly a few months ago our little Bassey died, but she was nearly 22, so both she and we had a good innings together. Her Dad was a Blue who was put to a Brown Queen (in Henley on Thames) but she was a naughty girl and found another boyfriend, she then had 9 kittens and as M'lady's owners were friends, we decided to take this little bundle - No.9 - who was a real character.

I've continuously looked for another pair - we prefer 2 as company for each other, and we would dearly love to give a home to two who are not kittens, but loving towards each other - and us.:)

Probably about 3 years onwards, but that's not set in stone and we don't want them to be traumatised by a long journey so from somewhere near Reading/Henley as we live between.... any ideas will be welcome. :)

Mags
13-01-2012, 07:34 PM
Hello again Dorothy:)

Not sure if you have already looked at this link but Gwennie and Daisy (Chocolate Burmese) are looking for a loving home together. They may be more senior cats that you are looking for, being 15 and 16 years old. Take a look at their photo, they are the picture of devotion:)

http://www.burmesecatclub.com/rehoming.shtml

angieh
13-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Good luck Dorothy! Don't Gwennie and Daisy look gorgeous?

DorothyB
13-01-2012, 09:06 PM
Hello again Mags.

Yes I had seen those two, and they're gorgeous, they have been on there some time I think, so I do hope they may have been lucky. They are a bit too senior for us we felt. I realise of course that they may have a some years to go, but we'd really like to have younger cats.

Thank you so much though for your suggestion :)

Kim
14-01-2012, 11:23 PM
Gwennie and Daisy are adorable and I have emailed with a view to re-homing them. I love the oldies! :)

Mags
15-01-2012, 12:05 AM
Gwennie and Daisy are adorable and I have emailed with a view to re-homing them. I love the oldies! :)
Oh Kim, that would be wonderful if you could rehome them, as you say, they are adorable...... fingers crossed for you!

Kim
15-01-2012, 09:34 AM
Thanks Mags. Do you know if they are in foster or a cattery?

Mags
15-01-2012, 11:25 AM
Thanks Mags. Do you know if they are in foster or a cattery?
I'm sorry I don't know Kim, if they have been waiting to be rehomed for a while, I would think they would be with a fosterer..:?

DorothyB
15-01-2012, 11:39 AM
Fingers crossed Kim that you can help if they are still available. They're certainly a lovely couple :)

angieh
15-01-2012, 03:54 PM
Fingers crossed here too Kim.

Shelley123
15-01-2012, 04:40 PM

brilliant, think it takes a special type of person to take on an older pet. Don't think i could do it.
The best of luck Kim, i hope everything works out

DorothyB
15-01-2012, 05:19 PM
Good luck Kim. Good news that they're presumably waiting for you :)

Kim
16-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Thanks all. I haven't heard anything yet, but will keep you all posted. :)

DorothyB
27-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Hi Kim, just wondered if you have news of your two girls? :)

Kim
27-01-2012, 05:39 PM
Well, do you know I have emailed the person regarding these 2 and rang and left a message for the re-homing officer, but not received a reply from either. The email was quite detailed too. I just can't understand it. :? I have over 30 years experience of cats, I often re-homed the oldies while I was a volunteer for an Animal Sanctuary. I have a largish 4 bed house and fully enclosed good size garden and we are at the end of a cul-de-sac. Not sure what else they want? We already have 3 cats and 3 dogs, maybe that is putting them off. However, would have been nice of them to respond. Sorry Dorothy, I am quite annoyed as you can see, thanks for asking. :)

DorothyB
27-01-2012, 05:46 PM
Oh dear Kim, how very discourteous.

Well that's sad too, because are those pusscats are still waiting? Who's to say - I think if it was me, I'd send a rather pointed letter to the Burmese Cat Club stating your displeasure.

I did note when I went on there earlier, that the others I saw some while ago are now gone, and this notice is on its own.

Don't know what else to suggest :roll:

Kazz
27-01-2012, 06:55 PM
I am sorry to read that Kim.
Going to 5 cats........................ :)

Kazz
27-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Dorothy did you manage to find a cat you were interested in

Kim
27-01-2012, 08:07 PM
I am sorry to read that Kim.
Going to 5 cats........................ :)

2 of the cats are my daughters and she intends to move out this year to live with her boyfriend and taking them with her! :( So really only 3 cats ;)

DorothyB
27-01-2012, 08:07 PM
No not yet unfortunately.

Preferably two (Burmese) cats together would be ideal.

Just going to give it little bit longer then going to see any others. :)

Kazz
27-01-2012, 08:09 PM
2 of the cats are my daughters and she intends to move out this year to live with her boyfriend and taking them with her! :( So really only 3 cats ;)

We have to catch up properly.......are you going to Crufts? I am planning on going Sat and meeting Elaine. Fancy meeting up we are going to go for acurry afterwards?

Kazz
27-01-2012, 08:10 PM
No not yet unfortunately.

Preferably two (Burmese) cats together would be ideal.

Just going to give it little bit longer then going to see any others. :)

The best of luck.................keep us updated I may not always reply but will read.;) And welcome to Catsey.

DorothyB
27-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Thanks Kazz.......and if you hear of anything, do please let me know. That is in the Thames Valley please :)

Kim
28-01-2012, 01:06 AM
We have to catch up properly.......are you going to Crufts? I am planning on going Sat and meeting Elaine. Fancy meeting up we are going to go for acurry afterwards?

Thanks Kazz. I hope to go to Crufts and Saturdays are always the best day because OH is home for the dogs. Meeting up and curry sounds good. :) Will let you know nearer the time.

DorothyB
12-03-2012, 09:02 PM
Helo again :)

Just to say, we're still hoping to find a pair of Burmese cats who'd like to live with us :?

alexgirl73
12-03-2012, 10:49 PM
Are none of these suitable Dorothy?

http://www.burmesecatclub.com/rehoming.shtml

DorothyB
12-03-2012, 11:05 PM
No sadly not Alex - I've been keeping an eye on that site. But all of these are just too far away. We are 40 miles west of London..so a home visit for example from the Adopters, or even us going to see them is just out of the question.

Thanks for the thought:)