PDA

View Full Version : Hot spot?

Hevvur
10-01-2012, 11:06 PM
I think Trouble has a hot spot.
He was neutered yesterday, came home and he was fine.
Fine last night and this morning, but about 10 mins ago he jumped on my knee and I was stroking him, and felt something, and thought "What has he got stuck in his fur now"........
I looked and he seems to have a nasty red sore, around his neck, about the size of a 5p coin.
I've trimmed as much fur as he would let me, and put some antibacterial powder on it to try and dry it up a bit.

Was this the right thing to do for now?

alexgirl73
10-01-2012, 11:32 PM
I have honestly no idea hevvur, not having had any experience with them. My friends cat had one a few weeks ago and she bathed it with cooled boiled water with a little added salt. It cleared up beautifully :)

Velvet
11-01-2012, 01:17 AM
If he was just spayed, could it be where they anaesthetised him? Harvey had one around about the same area when he went in for his neuter - just a thought

Phone the vet and see what they say in the morning.

Hugs from us x

angieh
11-01-2012, 10:30 AM
Yes, I agree with Velvet - just in case it's the site of the anaesthesia. Pip had a similar sore on his neck, but in his case it was caused by a tick, and he had to go to the vet to have the site cleaned and a course of anti-bs. This also cleared up completely.

Velvet
18-01-2012, 10:22 AM
Did you find out what it was?