PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen sides..

SLB
09-01-2012, 11:24 AM
Now I know how to stop a dog counter surfing, but how do I stop cats from jumping on the kitchen sides?

I haven't seen him do it before, but I've walked in the kitchen to find Wheatley on my kitchen side and the other day he was on the dining table - both of which I do not wish him to be on. All I did was take him off and put him on the floor - is this all I can do?

x-clo-x
09-01-2012, 01:17 PM
Now I know how to stop a dog counter surfing, but how do I stop cats from jumping on the kitchen sides?

I haven't seen him do it before, but I've walked in the kitchen to find Wheatley on my kitchen side and the other day he was on the dining table - both of which I do not wish him to be on. All I did was take him off and put him on the floor - is this all I can do?

pretty much. every time i caught mine somewhere i didnt want them i just took them off and put them on the floor.

mine dont jump on the sides, and ive never seen one sat on them either. they are allowed to sit on top of the dog food freezer, which has their food bowl on, and they dont attempt to get on anything else.

they do like to sit in the airing cupboard because its warm :lol:

Alfiekins
10-01-2012, 12:06 AM
I had a huge problem with Storm doing this...he used to go up there and spray. I used to spend ages morning and evening barricading my worktop. Thats until I found sss cat an aerosol that released a puff of air when motion is detected. Worked a treat. Cost about £20 but best thing I ever bought!

Elaine
10-01-2012, 08:21 AM
Set up an act of god, collect some empty pop cans, put a penny or a few small stones in the empty cans and a little sellotape across the opening. Place cans procariously around kitchen side, make a small tower with them if you like. Cat jumps up, cans fall over, cat gets a fright but doesnt associate it with you.

Hevvur
10-01-2012, 11:08 PM
We say 'OFF', and either shoo them off, or lift them down.
Seems to be working, they def aren't jumping up as much.

TiggerMoon
11-01-2012, 04:09 PM
The best I have managed is to let them use only one part of the counter. I tell them off when they are on the wrong bit and fuss them when they are on the right bit. It sounds a bit mad, I know, but it seems to have worked. Although, they probably just walk all over everything when I'm not there!:D