PDA

View Full Version : pedigree cats

x-clo-x
07-01-2012, 05:22 PM
how many of you on here have a pedigree cat?

i would love a pedigree cat, but dont know if i could ever justify spending that ammount of money on a cat when both of mine are farm rescues.

how did you choose the specific breed of cat you wanted? i like a fair few :lol: :lol: id love a sphynx cat to go with the hairless dog :lol: but i also love persians, main coone and siamese :D

what do you do about having a pedigree cat and letting them outside? do you keep them as house cats, let them roam free, or have a cat run etc?

just being nosy really :-D

angieh
07-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Hi! I've never owned a pedigree cat and I agree there are quite a few that are very attractive. I used to "cat sit" a Burmese boy - what a pleasure, he was just gorgeous and very affectionate. I'm sad that the family moved away and I don't see him any more.

Moli
07-01-2012, 06:30 PM
I have......
An Oriental..........Oliver
A Seal Point Siamese.........Casper...
2 Exotics.....Black..Leo....Blue...Merlin....

Also have a gorgeous pair of Moggys in the past few years....

alexgirl73
07-01-2012, 07:08 PM
I have a cream tabby exotic, she was *free* but ended up costing me nearly £200 in the first 2 weeks I had her and then unknown hundreds for her first year (long story which is there in the health sections if you care to hunt back lol). She is indoor only, but so are my 2 moggies :D

Kazz
07-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Never owned a pedigree cat. I adore BSH's and also Siamese (old style)

Liz
07-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Here at the Clan cats we have our wonderful ferals, our darling domestics and the following pedigrees all rescues

Minmin Ragdoll all 4kgs of Chocolate Seale Pointe she is 10
Casper Ragdoll all 8kgs of Blue Bi Colour he is 6
Miss Porsche the Barmy bengal aged 9 months approx she is a brown marble spotted girl and we were her last hope due to her slightly physco personality
Finally we have on longterm foster Svartleheim Starlight Express a 4y.o Norwegian Forest boy he came to us in very poor condition had to be half shaved and was nearly 2kgs underweight. His coat is growing back and he is becoming a wonderful boy

Everything at the Clan cats is a rescue and many not for the feinthearted as Elaine can testify:lol:

We also have 2 KC Registered and ISDS Pedigree Border Collies in Sky and Mistral and my farm boy Sunny

farthing
08-01-2012, 01:10 AM
All ours are rescue, all moggies except for a recent addition who I believe is a BSH.

Velvet
08-01-2012, 01:45 AM
All much loved & adored rescues.

Like Foreign Whites Old Style Siamese

paulinef2
08-01-2012, 02:32 PM
I have a BSH I have always loved how chunky they are, Lester has a lovely nature. Tiger had become a house cat earlier last year due to a stroke and Lester is a house cat. I'd love another BSH :D

x-clo-x
09-01-2012, 01:24 PM
i know breed clubs have rescues, and i would consider one of those, but i like having the cute kitten stage :lol: also i would have no idea how to introduce another adult cat into the house.

yola
10-01-2012, 10:35 AM
I have 2 Persians currently; 1 was bought from a breeder 14 1/2 years ago the other is a rescue. I have had 2 others in my time - again another rescue and another from a kitten.

Just because you want a pedigree doesn't preclude you from going down the rescue route. For instance - many people are scared off Persians because of the need to groom them; which in reality isn't as onerous as it's made out. There are breeed-specific rescues out there but both my Persians came from CP.

x-clo-x
10-01-2012, 10:38 AM
I have 2 Persians currently; 1 was bought from a breeder 14 1/2 years ago the other is a rescue. I have had 2 others in my time - again another rescue and another from a kitten.

Just because you want a pedigree doesn't preclude you from going down the rescue route. For instance - many people are scared off Persians because of the need to groom them; which in reality isn't as onerous as it's made out. There are breeed-specific rescues out there but both my Persians came from CP.

I just wouldn't know how to go about introducing cats together when they are adults. One of my moggies can be extremely temperamental :lol: