PDA

View Full Version : Running out of ideas

Donna
19-12-2011, 11:05 PM
Sorry for the long absence.. a lot has been going on .. which I will update you all on soon...

I am struggling with Chloe and Misty. They still hate each other. I have tried Feliway. Tried all sorts. They fight. Chloe wees everywhere.

Not sure what else I can do with them.

dandysmom
19-12-2011, 11:22 PM
Donna, I have wondered how you were doing; what a shame about your two. After all this time and they're still not getting along ...... :-(

Moli
20-12-2011, 12:09 AM
Hi Donna, good to see you....Sounds like your 2 will never like each other....

Mags
20-12-2011, 12:15 AM
Good to see you Donna :)

Sorry to hear you're still having problems with Chloe and Misty :( Have you had Chloe checked over by the vet in case there is any urinary problem?

Kazz
20-12-2011, 08:57 AM
Sorry to hear it is not going well Donna. Do you think it is a habit they have gotten into, now rather than a dislike of each other or do you think they will never settle maybe it is time to look for another home for one of them befroe everyone remains as stressed cats and humans.

dandysmom
20-12-2011, 04:49 PM
This may sound a bit odd, bit it worked for me... get a kitten! Misty took an instant dislike to Patches when I rehomed her, and it was hiss/spit/rower. When I got Dandy that defused the situation: Misty adopted the kitten and fussed over him; that left Patches alone in peace, which suited her just fine. And of course Dandy loved both. Adding a third to the duo seemed to alter the tension amazingly.

Donna
20-12-2011, 07:17 PM
I have often wondered if a third cat would difuse the situation..

Other things to worry about now though, as mum rushed into hospital with suspected cancer.. will update when I can x

Mags
20-12-2011, 08:02 PM
I have often wondered if a third cat would difuse the situation..

Other things to worry about now though, as mum rushed into hospital with suspected cancer.. will update when I can x
Sorry to hear about your Mum, Donna, I hope and pray she will be alright. Thinking of you (((hugs)))

dandysmom
20-12-2011, 08:21 PM
Sorry about the news, Donna, hoping for good news.

Elaine
20-12-2011, 09:54 PM
Oh dear Donna, I sincerely hope your mum is going to be ok xxx

I am also sorry that Chloe and Misty are still at it, it's certainly not been for the want of trying on your part, sometimes cats just dont get on.
It's hard to say whether a third cat would help diffuse or just aggrivate the situation.

Elaine
20-12-2011, 10:02 PM
Found this Donna, dont know if it helps

http://www.wayofcats.com/blog/how-to-choose-a-third-cat/8848

dandysmom
20-12-2011, 11:13 PM
Very interesting article, Elaine. Looks as I lucked out with Dandy.

paulinef2
21-12-2011, 12:39 AM
I love how the article describes kittens as little beanheads, that's pretty much lester in a nutshell :)

Squirrel
21-12-2011, 10:31 AM
So sorry to hear about your Mum Donna. Hope that the whole situation eases soon. *hugs*

Velvet
21-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Sorry to hear about your mum, very very hard on you. xx

fancyabrew
21-12-2011, 12:48 PM
I think it might be the name Chloe thats the problem! Our two Chloe (15yr old BSH) and Marmaduke (1yr old BSH) don't get on either! Chloe tries to avoid him as much as possible and when they are near each other she just hiss's at him. He's nearly twice her size as he's a big ****** and she's getting smaller as she gets older, and he spends his time trying to find her! He does his best to annoy her as much as possible, when he's not jumoing on her he'll sit near her and prod her. They're still like it and its been nearly a year now since we got him

paulinef2
21-12-2011, 04:18 PM
My two don't get along either, doesn't help that Lester will jump on Tiger when he's asleep! I have read the article about a third cat and I think this may be the solution to my issue.

yola
21-12-2011, 04:38 PM
Donna - I hope your Mum is OK . . . Christmas is just the wrong time for bad things to be happening. Hugs.

angieh
21-12-2011, 05:13 PM
So sorry to hear about your Mum, Donna. Thinking about you.

Kazz
21-12-2011, 06:31 PM
Donna hope your Mom is okay too.

alexgirl73
21-12-2011, 09:38 PM
Hope your mum will be ok Donna x

As for the cats, I am struggling to ever since bringing the dog into the house. I have 2 who are weeing everywhere too and I've tried everything also. I'm at my wits end and just keep hoping at some point things will settle. Good luck x

Elaine
21-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Oh dear Alex, I thought it was Teddie who was upset.

I sincerely hope the New Year brings a new resolution for everyone xxx

alexgirl73
21-12-2011, 11:17 PM
Broxi has joined in too Elaine :( Eventually I will find something that works :)

Kazz
22-12-2011, 12:31 AM
Broxi has joined in too Elaine :( Eventually I will find something that works :)

Maybe Broxi has joined in because he is trying to overscent Teddie.

One thing I have to say is I am so pleased mine all just settleddogs with dogs, dogs with cats, and cats with cats. Although my two cats were never "into" each other like some I see they never curled up together prefering to curl round me.

I too hope that it all settles for everyone.

dandysmom
22-12-2011, 12:37 AM
Alex, please don't take this the wrong way, you know I've always been open about not being a dog person. Have you considered rehoming the dog? Everything was going well before he came ..... I do feel so sorry for poor Teddie.

alexgirl73
22-12-2011, 04:02 PM
Alex, please don't take this the wrong way, you know I've always been open about not being a dog person. Have you considered rehoming the dog? Everything was going well before he came ..... I do feel so sorry for poor Teddie.

Not taken the wrong way at all Eileen, but there is no way the dog will be rehomed. Simply put I would be overruled by the majority in the house if it ever came to that point, the rest of the family are more dog people than cats tbh. Teddie now has the run of the upstairs in the house, the stairs are gated off to prevent Ranger going up there. She has food and a litter tray there and I'm hopeful that this will settle things down once she's had time to realise that it's HER space and not the dogs :)

angieh
22-12-2011, 04:13 PM
Fingers crossed for Teddie, Alex.