PDA

View Full Version : what would you recomend for an eldery cat?

Mouse
13-12-2011, 10:06 PM
Witch a sensative tummy??

She is twenty has been health tested this year came back fully healthy not bad going for a 20 year old. But she does seem to have a sensitive tummy she is constantly doing runny poos (sorry if your having dinner)

What cat food would be the best for an elderly cat with a sensative tum?

dandysmom
13-12-2011, 10:49 PM
Did you discuss this with the vet? Is she on wet or dry? Are the loose stools new or has she had them for a while?

angieh
13-12-2011, 11:11 PM
Does she eat a "senior" food variety? Older cats don't need so much protein and their dietary needs are different depending on whether they are still active or not.

Mouse
14-12-2011, 09:34 AM
She is on senior/indoor cat food (dry) and has no problems eating it

mum took her to the vets because of her runny stools to have her checked out but she came back all healthy vets were quite suprised she is 200.o

I dont think they did recomend us a good dry food other then feed her senior cat.

paulinef2
15-12-2011, 08:24 PM
I use james wellbeloved senior/ light and would highly recommend it. It's hypo allergenic too. To be honest you will probably get loads of different answers :)

truthisouthere
17-12-2011, 11:13 PM
Try Prina Pro Plan Sensitive. It's for cat's with sensitive tummies and is very palatable and easily digestible. It's got the added benefit of being renal support (yes, it's a dry food but that's what it says). My 2 have been on it for years, they're both elderly too.

You can also get Hill's special tailored diet for cats who are in their 'delicate' years. Mitzi is on Hill's ID wet as well as dry, again it's very easy on the digestion. They do say not to give the dry ID for cats on a sodium restricted diet so I just give the wet.
http://www.nutrecare.co.uk/Product-1662/Hills-Prescription-Diet-for-Cats/Hills-prescription-diet-feline-i/d

http://www.nutrecare.co.uk/Product-1931/Hills-Prescription-Diet-for-Cats/Hills-prescription-diet-feline-i/d-pouches

PettyGordon
02-05-2012, 02:25 PM
Eldery cats are very fragile. Mine is 11 already and he is very very sensible to any changes in food! I buy food on my friends website for pet supplies: [link removed]

I like it. Pretty useful resource.