PDA

View Full Version : Misty - Second Vet Visit

Velvet
13-12-2011, 01:30 AM
Today we took Katie (dog) and Misty to the vets for booster and vacc.

I had decided after the first vacc scare with little Misty to push for split vacc However didn't need to as the vet suggested it herself. Today she got the cat flu and Parvovirus jabs and next week she will get the leukaemia vacc plus it is a different manufacturer.

So far so good so just hope she does not have any sort of reaction

dandysmom
13-12-2011, 02:31 AM
Good that the vet agreed. How is Misty now, still no reaction, I hope?

Squirrel
13-12-2011, 08:56 AM
I'm impressed that the vet made the suggestion herself, from past experience. Glad that it is a different manufacturer as well. :)

Good luck little misty, no reactions this time please. *hugs all round*

Also hoping the rest of the vac's go well when she gets them.

Velvet
13-12-2011, 09:03 AM
So far so good, shes been snuggling into my throat most of the night :) ive stayed on the alert as these little kittens can fall so fast.

Katie was a bit sleepy after her booster but came round again at bedtime. She hasnt been eating so got Zantec off the vet & last night managed to get a jar of baby food spoon fed to her. Mindy sat on my knee wanting to take the food from the jar, refused it off the spoon, she wanted in the jar :)

I got the impression the Vets were non too pleased by what had happened to Misty or the drug companies reaction

Shelley123
13-12-2011, 12:33 PM
fingers crossed for Misty.
Hope Katie starts eating properly soon, they are a worry aren't they. I used to have to spoon feed my last Basenji.

angieh
13-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Fingers crossed that Misty has no bad reaction this time. I think your vet has acted responsibly - did they tell you how the drug company responded?

"Eating" vibes being sent for Katie.

Velvet
14-12-2011, 12:26 AM
Fingers crossed that Misty has no bad reaction this time. I think your vet has acted responsibly - did they tell you how the drug company responded?

"Eating" vibes being sent for Katie.

The drug company's response was to make light of it - attitude of it was only one reaction however the vets were very concerned it was such a adverse reaction and their unease was such they changed the Manufacturer

In future if I ever had another kitten I would request split vaccines

angieh
14-12-2011, 11:21 AM
Do you think that would work better for Timmy too?

Velvet
14-12-2011, 02:57 PM
Do you think that would work better for Timmy too?

Yes i said as much to the vet on Monday & she agreed.