PDA

View Full Version : Panacur Oral Paste?

Hevvur
04-12-2011, 12:54 PM
Has anyone used this, and is it any good?
Or are Drontal tablets better?

dandysmom
04-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Unfamiliar with either, home someone will be along with an answer soon.

farthing
04-12-2011, 06:29 PM
Panacur only does roundworm, drontal does both roundworm and tapeworm.

Hevvur
05-12-2011, 11:16 AM
Thanks, went with drontal tablets, but unsure how much to give!
It says 2kg Bodyweight - 1/2 tablet

They are way under 2kg, so do I still give them half? Or a quater?

farthing
05-12-2011, 01:17 PM
Sorry didn't realise it was for kittens.
I would probably go with the panacur, drontal may be a bit too much for youngsters and I don't think tapeworm us such an issue for them. My vets tend to give advocate small cat to kittens, easy to give and kills round worms as well as mites, lice and fleas.

Hevvur
06-12-2011, 12:44 AM
They had been abandoned, absolutely crawling with fleas and Im sure they'll have worms too!
Only got them on Saturday night....had to shave some of their fur it was so matted with dried blood etc, and they have wounds on their backs :(

farthing
06-12-2011, 09:13 AM
Have they seen a vet, might be a good idea as they may also need antibiotics, he would them be able to advise the best course of treatments for them.

x-clo-x
23-12-2011, 10:28 AM
i use a spot on wormer, because if i tried to give myrtle paste or tablets she would eat me alive :lol: :lol:

lisa01uk87
24-12-2011, 01:34 PM
Panacur only does roundworm, drontal does both roundworm and tapeworm.

Not true, Panacur treats both

Panacur granules are used in the treatment of gastro-intestinal roundworms and tapeworms and in puppies and kittens with gastro-intestinal roundworms and puppies infected with protozoa. Panacur granules are also used in pregnant bitches to reduce prenatal infections of Toxocara canis and their transfer to their pups via the milk.

hevvur i am worming all my cats today, but using the granuals instead of the paste (but thats more to do with the fact that it works out cheaper for me since i had to do the dogs aswell.