PDA

View Full Version : Emergency drive to vets

Velvet
24-11-2011, 11:40 PM
Ever since her Vaccs on Monday little Misty hasnt been 100%. Vet had warned us she maybe sleepy & off food for 24 hours. *

We were concerned last nite & really worried this morning, sleepy, crying if you touched her & not eating. *We were so worried we did an emergency trip to the vets & just as well we did

Misty's temperature was very high st 106! *Defo reaction to vaccination. Two injections & meds home for a week. Vet was very annoyed, said they were looking at a new manufacturer for the vaccs & would use it for her second jab in fortnight.

Shes such a tiny only weighs a few pounds. *For first time in two days, she *ate a wee bit when she came home & has been sleeping ever since.*

I hate those vaccinations. Drug companies are multimIllion dollar coporates yet they cant even get the vaccines right for these tiny *babies. Ok it doesnt affect them all but that is two of ours that are affected & two too many.*

Vet says they hate it to happen as it puts people off getting their pets done which is worse as then the pets have no protection

Its so unfair on these tiny defenceless little kittens.

dandysmom
24-11-2011, 11:48 PM
Oh I'm so sorry; poor little wee one, and poor you. You've had a really bad time with vaccinations. (((hugs))) all around, how is she now, sleeping?

PoshPuss
25-11-2011, 11:19 AM
Poor babe. :( Good call taking her as soon as you realised some thing was not right. To have 2 cats affected like that is not some thing the vet can ignore, he should report it to the manufacturer/drug regulator.

Squirrel
25-11-2011, 12:07 PM
Poor little girlie. So sorry you've had such a bad reaction again. Glad you got her seen so quickly, and that they're going to get the manufacturer changed.

Velvet
25-11-2011, 12:49 PM
Poor babe. :( Good call taking her as soon as you realised some thing was not right. To have 2 cats affected like that is not some thing the vet can ignore, he should report it to the manufacturer/drug regulator.

Vet phoned us this morning, they had been on to the Drug Rep. Vet feels that a vaccine that caused a temperature of 106 goes way over the norm. She was due back in fortnight but theyve deferred it for another week, let her get back to normal etc.

I dreaded Tim's booster guess it will be same with this wee one too

Overall i feel it just isnt good enough, it is we who are kerping these drug companies going & they cant even produce a safe vaccination

angieh
25-11-2011, 01:35 PM
So sorry to hear this news Velvet. Healing vibes for wee Misty and for you too. Hope she picks up very soon. I hope your vet changes manufacturers and finds a safer alternative for all his clients and pets, great or small.

Elaine
25-11-2011, 08:15 PM
Poor wee toot, hope she picks up again very soon. xxx

youngstevie
25-11-2011, 11:05 PM
Im so sorry to hear your news about Misty, sending positive vibes that she feels better soon xxx

lisa01uk87
26-11-2011, 02:41 AM
everything crossed here that misty gets better soon xx

Velvet
26-11-2011, 02:44 AM
Well she's still not eating much, still lethargic & all she wants is nursed. Something I am more than happy to do. Mindy has got the idea it's the thing to do & it is nice. Tonight I had two of them together on my knee. Lovely but just wish Misty was little brighter. Will see what tomorrow brings.

This tiny little kitten has stole a big chunk out of my heart already.

Squirrel
26-11-2011, 09:58 AM
Poor wee girlie. Hope she's feeling better soon. Good hearing Mindy has decided it's fun to snuggle up! What a change from the little girl she was when you first got her...

Velvet
27-11-2011, 02:32 AM
Misty is much better today, she had a wee play this morning with Mindy, looked for food and knew when I appeared with her medication to try and avoid it:lol: we kept her in the warmth of the house today - much to her disappointment she was not allowed out in the conservatory with the other cats and utility room - none of which are heated. She has a lot to catch up with, weight being the main one.

We only allow the little ones access to the conservatory or utility room if we are out there ourselves as we feel at this age they are too young and little not to be supervised.

At the moment she thinks she is a big cat - she is sleeping on the top,of the cat stand - favoured spot

Thank you for asking about her folks x

pamela81
27-11-2011, 01:05 PM
glad to hear that misty is feeling better. It must have been sucha worry with her reacting to the vacc that way.

dandysmom
27-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Glad she's feeling more herself now; such a worry!

truthisouthere
29-11-2011, 06:02 PM
Too right the vet was worried.. But no point trying to blame it on the manufacturer/supplier when you've got a very sick cat on your hands, ANY vaccination can affect an animal, it's a risk that ALL vets should make us all aware of, my Jazzy boy would be quite below parr after one. The vaccination can show side effects at any time within the 1st 3 months of the vaccination, with anything from a full blown reaction to a flu like lethargy. Jazzy always, always had the flu like lethargy. I've seen and heard enough of vaccinations to weigh it all up and decided they're not for my lot any more.
Dear little Misty, glad she's feeling much better now.

PoshPuss
29-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Glad to hear Misty is better now. :)

Velvet
30-11-2011, 12:05 AM
Too right the vet was worried.. But no point trying to blame it on the manufacturer/supplier when you've got a very sick cat on your hands, ANY vaccination can affect an animal, it's a risk that ALL vets should make us all aware of, my Jazzy boy would be quite below parr after one. The vaccination can show side effects at any time within the 1st 3 months of the vaccination, with anything from a full blown reaction to a flu like lethargy. Jazzy always, always had the flu like lethargy. I've seen and heard enough of vaccinations to weigh it all up and decided they're not for my lot any more.
Dear little Misty, glad she's feeling much better now.

It's not the vets fault - they can only use the drugs that are available on the Market.