PDA

View Full Version : Where do all the ping pong balls go???

Manyana13
05-10-2011, 01:00 PM
Ever since we got our boys just over 3 years ago, we have been buying ping pong balls for them to play with. They all love them, especially Harry who loves it when we put a ping pong ball or 2 in the (empty!) bath... he will spend hours playing in the bath. The thing is... just where on earth do they all go :cat4 ??? We thought that we would find them all when we moved not so long ago, but alass we didn't find nearly as many that we had bought!!! I do wonder sometimes....:smt017

Does anybody else have any similar kitty related mysteries??

angieh
05-10-2011, 03:09 PM
That observation is spot-on Manyana! Generally, I do find ping pong or other small cat toys under furniture and on occasion I have been known to lie on the floor and use the loft pole to clear any lost toys (or other unmentionables) from under the TV table or the chest in the hall. But I'm sure that if I counted up, there are probably more lost than found. Bit like socks, really!

Now of course if something goes missing, we blame Monty!

dandysmom
05-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Same here! It was more understandable in my 8 room house, but I'm in a studio flat now, and cannot imagine where balls go! Leia has a set of 4, the purple jingly one has vanished ... not under furniture. It's been gone for days.....???

Yes, I suppose the same place missing socks go. :roll: A leak to a parallel universe? A black hole? We shall never know ..... :mrgreen:

Moli
05-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Normally under the furniture, but I have many times found a collection of them in the dogs beds!:roll::lol:

angieh
05-10-2011, 09:41 PM
I am certain that Monty hid little pink squeaky pig in one of the cat's hidey holes on their climbing frame. There is no other way to explain how it got there!

If in doubt blame the dog (if you have one!)

Manyana13
05-10-2011, 11:34 PM
The poor dog always get the blame here.... I think the cats frame her most of the time - just for their own amusement!!

Eileen - I hope you find the purple jingly ball eventually, it is odd isn't it?!

dandysmom
05-10-2011, 11:43 PM
The poor dog always get the blame here.... I think the cats frame her most of the time - just for their own amusement!!

Eileen - I hope you find the purple jingly ball eventually, it is odd isn't it?!

We were joking around on the Quiz tonight, and it was suggested there might be a teleporting link that some cats know how to use.... :mrgreen: That might explain how a cat that you've looked all over for and couldn't find can suddenly appear in a room that you'd checked before .......

No, I am not paranoid ....... :roll: :-D

Moli
05-10-2011, 11:48 PM
Yep, happens quite a lot here, been out looking for Ollie, come in and he is sound asleep in a bed....:roll::lol:

Manyana13
06-10-2011, 12:50 AM
mmm... I don't think you are being paranoid Eileen... I think these cats just have special powers!! The amount of times we have been searching for Harry and Vinnie, only for them to turn up - and I swear we turned the house over to look for them!! We have even been out driving at all hours of the night looking for one of them and only to come home to him sleeping and most annoyed that he has been woken up. Lola loves her food too much to stray too far from the food bowl, so she doesn't cause me any problems! These cats are far too intelligent for my liking :-)

I am hoping to be able to take part in the quiz soon, I have been working at a Youth Group on Wednesday evenings, but it is moving to Thursdays from next week!!! :-)

dandysmom
06-10-2011, 01:44 AM
Hey, Manyana, would be great to see you at the quiz! :D 8:15 on Wednesdays.

dandysmom
06-10-2011, 01:46 AM
Yep, happens quite a lot here, been out looking for Ollie, come in and he is sound asleep in a bed....:roll::lol:

And he WAS NOT THERE when you looked earlier, right? Hee hee, paranormal powers...:cool:

Squirrel
06-10-2011, 08:00 AM
Cloud does this one too...

Slightly off topic, but each time I read the title of this thread I'm taken straight to the song 'where have all the flowers gone?' :roll:

Velvet
06-10-2011, 09:37 AM
Behind the Tv stand in the corner!

truthisouthere
06-10-2011, 10:21 AM
All the little mice ghosts the cats have killed over the years come back and hide their toys under the sofa for their own amusement.

angieh
06-10-2011, 10:39 AM
All the little mice ghosts the cats have killed over the years come back and hide their toys under the sofa for their own amusement.

Now that's an idea! Pay back time? Poor wee mice ;)

dandysmom
06-10-2011, 03:35 PM
I wasn't troubled by mouse ghosts at my old house, but dessicated mice! Leia would stash them somewhere (a black hole? Alternate universe?), and then they would re-appear, all dried out.......

Manyana13
06-10-2011, 11:50 PM

Slightly off topic, but each time I read the title of this thread I'm taken straight to the song 'where have all the flowers gone?' :roll:

I read your reply earlier and have had this song in my head for the rest of the day :p

I wasn't troubled by mouse ghosts at my old house, but dessicated mice! Leia would stash them somewhere (a black hole? Alternate universe?), and then they would re-appear, all dried out.......

Eeeeww... :smt103 I do wonder what is going on in their wee heads when they do things like that!!

Squirrel
07-10-2011, 06:38 PM
I read your reply earlier and have had this song in my head for the rest of the day :p

Sorry! But I will say it is still happening to me, whenever I see the thread having been talked upon...

dandysmom
07-10-2011, 07:30 PM
I like that song and have it on my Spotify; I have 167 songs (9 hours) on it now, so that one doesn't come up that frequently.

Squirrel
07-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Oh! I do enjoy it... Just when it decides to 'fight' with another song going round and round, or hangs round too long come bedtime it gets a little irritating shall we say... :lol: I know, I have a crazy head...

angieh
08-10-2011, 11:15 AM

Off topic again, sorry - I went straight off to find it on youtube and found Peter, Paul and Mary with Pete Seeger. I didn't know Mary Travers had passed away ...... :(

florasmum
08-10-2011, 12:10 PM
One of may cats also suddenly appears from nowhere - it reminds my of Mr Ben the shopkeeper (for those that remember that far back) I turn around and she's sat there very quietly just staring at me and I swear she wasn't there earlier...a bit unnerving sometimes!

I also find lots of toys under the sofa and I have a long kitchen skewer that I use to 'Sweep' under there to get them all out...as soon as I get the skewer out of the utensils pot I keep it in, my two appear in seconds from wherever they are in the house and 'help me' to get the toys out! Lol

angieh
08-10-2011, 01:09 PM
Oh no - now I'm thinking "Puff the Magic Dragon"!!!

Squirrel
08-10-2011, 01:58 PM
"lives by the sea..." ;)

dandysmom
08-10-2011, 03:42 PM
Try to think of something with a good beat, that'll change the earworm! Get A Job, Jailhouse Rock, Return to Sender .........

Kel
21-10-2011, 02:52 PM
This happens all the time! I've bought him so many balls, he loves them but they just vanish along with the rest of his toys :-/ We've got rid of a lot of furniture too because we've bought new in the last few weeks and the toys haven't been hidden under anything. Very strange!

dandysmom
21-10-2011, 03:49 PM
As I've said, a door to an alternate universe ... same place the missing socks go.....

paulinef2
21-10-2011, 11:22 PM
Lester has made off with a make-up brush and a set of toe separators I had just bought, they have vanished and not found them so far! Lester is obsessed with the make up brush and made off with the next one but I caught him before he had a chance to hide them forever lol. It makes me laugh though wee devil :D :D

dandysmom
21-10-2011, 11:40 PM
The purple jingly ball that I mentioned at the beginning of this thread is still missing.......... :roll: