PDA

View Full Version : Poor old cat.

farthing
29-09-2011, 07:00 PM
I got a call a couple of weeks ago about a 13 year old cat. The owner's house had been flooded, and she us in rented accommodation but the cat us still in the house. She is peeing in the house ( through stress as the owner now has children and a dog. As the house is being renovated after the flood she doesn't want the cat peeing all over it and wants rid. I really have no where for her to go, and money is tight, but I really feel for the poor old girl. I have to call back and see if we can find anyone who can take her.

alexgirl73
29-09-2011, 07:31 PM
Oh heck!!!! :( Poor old girl, hope you find somewhere for her soon.

dandysmom
29-09-2011, 07:36 PM
Oh poor girl! I hope you can find her a home, farthing; I'd take her if I could,

Shelley123
29-09-2011, 08:53 PM
Poor Cat, some people should never have pets, they just see them as commodities to be got rid of when no longer required. Sorry to rant, hope you find a nice home for her soon.

angieh
29-09-2011, 09:28 PM
Greatest good luck vibes for finding a suitable home for this poor cat.

farthing
01-10-2011, 09:07 PM
I spoke to the lady again And she hasn't looked for anywhere else. The cat isn't peeing in the house while kids and dog is away. I've asked her to try one other rescue but have no idea whether she will bother. The poor car sounds very stressed.

Kim
01-10-2011, 09:21 PM
Poor Cat, some people should never have pets, they just see them as commodities to be got rid of when no longer required. Sorry to rant, hope you find a nice home for her soon.

I agree.

Poor cat, I hope somewhere can be found for her where she isn't stressed and can be loved and cared for for the rest of her days.

Manyana13
01-10-2011, 11:35 PM
That is so unfair. The poor cat. I really hope that you can find a home for it.

Velvet
02-10-2011, 12:06 AM
Poor cat, I suppose she hasn't thought to board the cat in a cattery? She must be so lonely and bewildered all alone in the house :(

farthing
04-10-2011, 05:56 PM
YES!!!! I spoke to the lady again today and she is going to try and keep the cat. It seems the cat is peeing elsewhere in the house but is also peeing outside her litter tray, just beside it.
I've suggested she get another litter tray ( or even another 2) in quiet spots and also check the cat isn't arthritic. She seemed happy to try and hopefully she can settle down and live out the rest of her life with her family.

The cat got very stressed last time in a cattery and hey are visiting twice a day to keep her company. I think they do love her, but were just at the end of their tether with her peeing on the furniture.

dandysmom
04-10-2011, 06:07 PM
Fingers crossed it'll go well! Thanks for the update.

truthisouthere
04-10-2011, 07:33 PM
Poor dear old lady, just when she needs to feel secure the most :(

Get the owners to check she has no underlying probs such as cystitus if you get a chance.

angieh
04-10-2011, 10:26 PM
Poor cat and poor family too - from the sound of it, they've all had a very stressful time. Hopefully your good advise will help them all settle down again and the cat too.

Velvet
05-10-2011, 03:09 AM
That's better news :)