PDA

View Full Version : How do you stop a cat pooing in neighbours garden?

Jugsmalone
26-09-2011, 11:55 AM
This isnt my cat, but a friend of mine, who does not own any animals, has said a cat keeps coming into his garden and pooing. He wants it to stop.

Please can anyone recommend anything to stop it pooing in his garden?

Thanks in advance. :)

JMPARK
26-09-2011, 12:05 PM
HI JUGSMALONE!
I believe putting pepper around where they go or making the ground very watery are supposed to be a couple of humane methods.

Squirrel
26-09-2011, 12:10 PM
Orange peel I believe. Maybe pinecones? And can't you buy things like 'cat off' for outside?

Mags
26-09-2011, 12:23 PM
I can sympathise with your friend, especially with him not being a cat owner.

My cat doesn't have access to my front garden but I did have the same problem with neighbouring cats frequently scratching it up. I use "Get Off" now and have found it a good deterrent. It's highly scented jelly crystals which are sprinkled on the soil.

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/dog-training-aids-dog-training-supplies-c-198_597/get-off-my-garden-cat-and-dog-repellent-450g-p-5858

It has also been said that orange or grapefruit peel or even moths balls is another deterrent, I have tried them both but for me, they aren't as successful as the "Get Off"

Velvet
26-09-2011, 01:04 PM
When i got this house all those years ago i was plagued by cat pooh - ping went the theory that cats alwYs bury their pooh

So after trying everything - cat pooh is very appealing to some dogs (yeuck) so i had to get it stopped - when i lifted it, i put dog pooh in exactly thr same place. I only had to do it a few times & Mr Cat got the message!

Jugsmalone
26-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Thanks for all the suggetions all. :) He said he will try the orange peel first and see how it goes.

dandysmom
26-09-2011, 03:39 PM
A neighbor tried moth balls, with no joy .......

Manyana13
27-09-2011, 11:24 PM
Your friend could try getting a cat - since we got cats, they (and no other) cats pooh in our garden! In all seriousness though, Orange peel used to work well before we had the cats and on bin nights we used 'Get off' as mentioned already - that works wonders too. Good luck to your friend :-)