PDA

View Full Version : Put in my place

cats' staff
14-09-2011, 08:34 PM
OH is away for a couple of nights for work which is unusual. I have to stay away quite often. When I get home the cats greet me with a casual, 'Oh it's you' and I don't really think they notice I've gone! Well last night Tolly made clear that he is NOT HAPPY that OH is away.
Firstly- getting him home. Cleo lives indoors, Smudge comes when called but Tolly can play hard to get. OH whistles and he often comes. When he doesn't OH goes off and finds him, pick him up, slings him over his shoulders and saunters in with Tolly purring madly. I go to look for him, find him, pick him up, he purrs then struggles wildly and demands to get down (with menances). I end up sort of herding him in nursing my scratches.
3AM woken by Tolly wailing. Check he is OK, can't find ANYTHING wrong with him. Try and sleep. 4AM woken by Tolly wailing, as above. 5AM guess....?

Thankfully tonight he deigned to come home. Fingers crossed he doesn't repeat the wailing as I am pretty tired.

I wouldn't mind but Mum and Dad look after them with no trouble. It seems to be just me that simply isn't up to scratch for Master Tolly. I feel well and truly put in my place.......

angieh
14-09-2011, 08:37 PM
Oh dear, that's rather humbling isn't it?

Fingers crossed you have a better night. Bad boy Tolly - and spoilt by your OH is probably the truth of it.

Squirrel
14-09-2011, 09:20 PM
*hugs* And I thought it was dogs who picked their master...

dandysmom
14-09-2011, 09:21 PM
Definitely Daddy's boy. How chagrining ........

Shelley123
14-09-2011, 09:55 PM
CS your description made me smile, naughty Tolly
Hope you get a good nights sleep

Velvet
15-09-2011, 12:27 AM
Ash bless him...

cats' staff
15-09-2011, 07:34 AM
Well we all had a good night's sleep. OH comes home today so I'll wait and see if he gets the 'hail the conquering hero' treatment from young sir!

truthisouthere
15-09-2011, 10:16 AM
A real daddy's boy! Funny lad, bless him. :)