PDA

View Full Version : Why kittens?

angieh
05-09-2011, 08:49 PM
Stupid question really to ask fellow cat-lovers :lol:

I am the least maternal woman I know ..... I certainly do not go soppy over babies. Puppies, well I have been known to cuddle and feel protective about but KITTENS! They make me go all "odd", like a big pink warm cuddly fleece that just wants to gently wrap them up to keep them safe and warm and cuddly.

WHY? I go gooey at the sight of photos of them too and if there is a cat crying in the night outside, I will hear it and be up and trying to find out if it's OK.

I think of Lucy from Peanuts and "Aaargghhhh! I've been kissed by a dog" but instead it's "Awwwww, I've been licked by a cat!"

I know, I'm a hopeless case :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Elaine
05-09-2011, 08:57 PM
You are past saving my dear, there is NO hope left for you now, you're doomed, doomed I tell ye.:lol:

Moli
05-09-2011, 08:58 PM
You are past saving my dear, there is NO hope left for you now, you're doomed, doomed I tell ye.:lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

dandysmom
05-09-2011, 09:25 PM
I know the feeling! I can be relatively unmoved by babies and dogs, but kittens!!! All soppy. Tiny, funny, spunky, fearless, endearingly clumsy, brave, curious, and just ....kittens! :D

Velvet
05-09-2011, 09:53 PM
I'm the saddest of all, I go all soppy for most four legged creatures - lol

Still find it amazing that you only have to show very young kittens a litter tray & they are house trained - definitely superior species in that sense

pamela81
06-09-2011, 10:09 AM
i go all soppy when see kittens aswell. Leanne that hasnt long joined the forum has a wee foster cat in that has just had 8 kittens. I have seen photos of the and they are gorgeous!!

angieh
06-09-2011, 10:34 AM
Oh Pamela, can you ask her to post some pictures? May help find homes for the little bundles of joy?

angieh
06-09-2011, 10:35 AM

If that's the only thing that has me doomed, I guess I'm rather lucky .... :-D

pamela81
06-09-2011, 11:15 AM
Oh Pamela, can you ask her to post some pictures? May help find homes for the little bundles of joy?

they are re-homed trhough the cats protection in alloa, thats who leanne fosters for. She had anothe rwee cat in before that was pregnant and she gave birth to 3 wee ginger kittens, 2 of them were female, the were gorgeous!!!

MrsH
06-09-2011, 12:28 PM
Simples Angie It's 'cos little kittens are just GORGEOUS! :smt007