PDA

View Full Version : Poor Casper

Phil
02-09-2011, 12:30 AM
Came home from work tonight and Karen said she hadn't seen Casper all day. In the past the others have had their adventures but this was unusual for little Casper.

Anyway - I didn't think much of it at the time but as the evening drew on (and not coming for his tea) I began to wonder where he was.

Went out late tonight when all was quiet and the tin tapping resulted in a small cry from over the neighbours wall.

Ended up going round and knocking on the door. Felt cheeky with it being so late but a quick investigation resulted in us finding him locked in one of their out buildings :?

Poor wee man spent all last night and nearly all of today in there.

He seems none the worse though thank goodness.

Velvet
02-09-2011, 01:13 AM
Awh poor wee man, his adventure exploring the shed turned into a horrid experience for him, thank goodness you heard his cry,

dandysmom
02-09-2011, 01:45 AM
Scary; glad he turned up safely! Poor little guy, he must have been very thirsty and hungry.

Squirrel
02-09-2011, 10:39 AM
Awwww. Poor wee boy. Of course, we don't automatically know that animals who regularly go out and about have a problem. When I was younger I had a hamster escape, but we knew about that as soon as we saw the empty cage... still took all day to find her (heard her underneath the floor boards that evening) but we knew she was gone... Harder with a cat...

Glad you found him safely.

PoshPuss
02-09-2011, 10:47 AM
Casper, naughty kitty :mad: But sooo glad he was found.

These curious cats drive you bonkers don't they :lol:

angieh
02-09-2011, 11:34 AM
So glad Casper is safely home again. What a good thing you heard his cry.

Mags
02-09-2011, 12:25 PM
So pleased you heard his little cry, Phil, that must have been such a relief for you.

No doubt he's been well fed and watered this morning and hopefully back to normal :)

Phil
05-09-2011, 12:30 AM
Sorry for the late reply - he's none the worst for wear but we were lucky I guess as it's getting to that time of year when garden sheds are shut up and not opened as regularly as they are in the height of summer.

Fortunately it wasn't warm weather and my neighbour did say he would check in future before locking up.

truthisouthere
05-09-2011, 03:33 PM
I was bit reticent to read this thread I must admit *hides eyes behind hands while reading!*, but it's a happy ending, yaaay!! :)

My boy did a disappearing act for 3 days and 4 nights a couple of months ago, it was completely out of character, the thoughts that were going thru my mind...! ! ! He turned up at 1am, meowing sweetly and very hungry and thirsty. I had to hold back the hugs and wait while he drank a bucketload of water and ate a bowl and a half of food!! The relief was indescribable, I felt like I'd won the lottery when he turned up! :) I couldn't eat or sleep, was just sick with worry and getting quite depressed about it all. I reckon he must have been shut in somewhere and I hope he's learnt his lesson! :/

cats' staff
05-09-2011, 08:12 PM
I lost my first cat Herod for a few days and finally spotted him in a window. Black cats looks similar but I called and he replied. When I knocked on the door the people there had no idea he was in their spare room! He charged out straight home. No idea what their spare room must have smelt like.
Glad Casper is home safe!

dandysmom
05-09-2011, 08:56 PM
That happened to a neighbor of mine down the next street; his little Siamese girl used to walk on the rooftops of the row hoses. Somehow she got in the attic thru a small window at the very end of the block; she was missing for 3 days till he heard her cry as he was going thru the alley calling. And he made the same comment, wondered what the attic smelled like.....:roll:

Phil
30-09-2011, 08:09 PM
Great stories - I guess it's a problem with cats.