PDA

View Full Version : Indy is making me laugh

xx-snowball-xx
25-08-2011, 10:59 PM
He's got his cone on to stop him chewing at his tail.

So funny. The list so far of silly things he has done involving the cone:

Tried to run under my bed, cone too big, so headbutted the base of bed instead.

Tried to jump on the rabbit cage, misjudged size of cone, hit the side and promptly fell off

Tried to bite my feet and got more and more annoyed that all he was doing was headbutting me with the cone.

Tried to run through the babygate into the kitchen, again didn't fit because of cone.

Tried to clean himself after the toilet, cone got in the way, fell over and landed on his back, then lay there wriggling and looking silly.

Tried to lick my hands while I was playing with him then looked really confused to find that all he was licking was the inside of the cone.

Tried to spit his tablet out and again looked confused that the only place it ended up was right inside his cone which was easy for me to retrieve and put back in his mouth :D

dandysmom
25-08-2011, 11:26 PM
Oh bless, he's having a hard time adjusting to that awful collar! It's so hard not to laugh at them when they do something so funny .... How much longer will he have to wear it?

Velvet
26-08-2011, 01:47 AM
Oh bless, he's having a hard time adjusting to that awful collar! It's so hard not to laugh at them when they do something so funny .... How much longer will he have to wear it?

awh poor wee man. They hate those cones

Squirrel
26-08-2011, 08:24 AM
Awwwww! *giggles*

I was very lucky - Cloud showed no interest whatsoever when she had surgery (though she was a little bigger). So though I bought her a cone, just in case, it was never on her...

xx-snowball-xx
26-08-2011, 09:28 AM

To be fair to him, I think the reason he's getting in these predicaments because he forgets the cone is on his head :lol:

I'm not sure how long he has to wear it for. He has his post-op check up today so will ask then :)

Awwwww! *giggles*

I was very lucky - Cloud showed no interest whatsoever when she had surgery (though she was a little bigger). So though I bought her a cone, just in case, it was never on her...

aww bless her.
vets said they had to put the bigger cone on Indy, because they had put the smaller one on him but he'd still managed to find and try to chew his tail with it :lol:

Squirrel
26-08-2011, 10:33 AM
I'm amazed that he managed to forget it... Little Miss knew she had it on whenever I tried her with it, so I knew how to do it if required, and her whole few minutes was an attempt to get it off...

And as long as the neck hole was small enough that he couldn't escape then larger size is fine!!! :)

angieh
26-08-2011, 10:54 AM
I do sympathise with little Indy, but having the horrid thing on is in his best interests and his tail will heal quicker .... if only he could understand.

My dear old Merlin had to wear his cone for 10 days after he'd had a cyst removed from his face. He looked so pitiful in it, but he really appreciated me washing his face for him and generally cleaning him up a couple of times a day. He was quite old at the time though and didn't have a kitten's energy or ability to get into trouble with the cone!

xx-snowball-xx
26-08-2011, 11:16 AM
I'm amazed that he managed to forget it... Little Miss knew she had it on whenever I tried her with it, so I knew how to do it if required, and her whole few minutes was an attempt to get it off...

And as long as the neck hole was small enough that he couldn't escape then larger size is fine!!! :)

Aw bless her, little cutie :)

Indy is so calm about things, if he was any more laid back, he'd be backwards haha. He really doesn't get phased by things at all.

I think it's down to me having him since he was 6 weeks old (I know that's wrong, but his mother died and the kittens were going. If I didn't take him, someone else would have) We have a really close relationship and he is basically stuck to me at all times. So as long as he is with me, he's happy <3

I do sympathise with little Indy, but having the horrid thing on is in his best interests and his tail will heal quicker .... if only he could understand.

My dear old Merlin had to wear his cone for 10 days after he'd had a cyst removed from his face. He looked so pitiful in it, but he really appreciated me washing his face for him and generally cleaning him up a couple of times a day. He was quite old at the time though and didn't have a kitten's energy or ability to get into trouble with the cone!

Aww, they do look so pathetic don't they.
That's lovely :) I'll bet he loved that :)

xx-snowball-xx
26-08-2011, 08:28 PM
Had Indy for his check up today it went well :)

He is to keep the collar on until he goes back to get his stitches out in 2 weeks xx

dandysmom
26-08-2011, 09:16 PM
Two weeks!? :shock: Poor baby ........

xx-snowball-xx
27-08-2011, 11:15 AM
I know, it's a long time bless him :(

He's coping ok with the collar though :)
He managed to get it off last night though while I was sleeping lol. Luckily he didn't do any damage to his tail.

I did a little experiment.
I spent an hour playing with him so he wasn't deprived of attention (so I knew that wasn't why he was coming to me) I fed him (so I knew it wasn't because he was hungry)

I then held the collar in my hand, showed it to him and called him over.
He came running to me even though he saw it.
Put it on him without a struggle, he just sat there and let me, didn't even need to hold him or anything, just held it near his head and he put his head in himself and sat patiently while I tied it on.

So I have to figure he isn't that bothered by it if he'll let me put it on without a fuss bless him :)

Squirrel
27-08-2011, 11:31 AM
Sounds like he's almost comforted by wearing it! Maybe he likes to have his head 'protected' by the walls of the cone?

angieh
27-08-2011, 12:05 PM
What a very good little chap he is ..... rather rare too I think!

xx-snowball-xx
27-08-2011, 01:39 PM
That's an interesting thought squirrel, I hadn't thought about that!

He sure is angie, I adore him :) already don't know what I'd do without him and he's only been here for 6 weeks lol.

Best decision I ever made was getting a cat again :) I was actually looking for an adult cat. But the cat I was looking at fell through. Then my friend told me about an accidental litter her friend had had who were desperate for homes (her cat wasn't spayed yet as she was an indoor cat, escaped and ended up pregnant)
Then the mother died and the owner just didn't know what to do :(

She could keep all but 2 of the kittens. I took Indy and my friend took his sister Minnie a week later.
I have never had a kitten before, so wasn't quite prepared for the pure energy Indy is full of, but it's amazing having him here and watching him grow. Already wondering how he got so big when I look back at his baby piccys lol

dandysmom
27-08-2011, 03:37 PM
Sounds as if you were made for one another! Yes, kittens energy level is amazing, they only have two speeds, full steam ahead or dead in the water..:D Enjoy the kitten days, they grow up so fast!

xx-snowball-xx
27-08-2011, 05:05 PM
Sounds as if you were made for one another! Yes, kittens energy level is amazing, they only have two speeds, full steam ahead or dead in the water..:D Enjoy the kitten days, they grow up so fast!

They sure do :)
Just like kids - my son is 3 in October, don't know where all that time went lol