PDA

View Full Version : lazy ronnie scruffy looking devil

CathyW
15-08-2011, 01:13 PM
reggie grooms his self quite well, infact hes always wasing himself.
but his brother ronnie, he wont groom himself, his fur is all lumpy and un-tidy. ive got to try n brush him to tidy him up. any ideas on how to get a lazy cat to wash him self, hes like the boy who thinks water will make him disolve,

angieh
15-08-2011, 01:33 PM
:-D Nortie Ronnie - not sure if he's a bit long in the tooth to be taught about washing behind his ears, especially if he doesn't follow Reggie's good example, boys mum!

I know you can encourage a kitten to wash by pretending to be it's mum and using a rough face towel and warm water ... but I suspect Ronnie is past that stage.

Good luck with trying to groom him, maybe a load of catnip first to try to get him relaxed?

dandysmom
15-08-2011, 03:40 PM
No ideas! I think he's probably set in his ways by now.

Mags
15-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Poor Ronnie, how old is he now?

If he'll no longer groom himself you may have to help him by brushing him once or twice a day ......... let's hope he'll accept that!:)

CathyW
15-08-2011, 09:57 PM
ronnies 9 yrs old now. too long in the tooth to teach any good tricks, he just learns the bad habits lol

babycakes
15-08-2011, 10:19 PM
It may be worth getting a FURminator. ITs the only brush Denis would let me use on him and now when I show it to him he goes mad howls jumps up rubs all over it and lies and waits to be groomed (not bad for a feral lol) i think its because it pulls the old fur out from underneath the top coat and he likes it (its not rough or painful in anyway) and he even plays with the fur that comes out!! Crazy

Andrewd
24-08-2011, 11:33 AM
FURminators are great :)

dandysmom
24-08-2011, 03:30 PM
I can't praise the FURminator too greatly. wonderful gadget. Cannot believe the fur lt gets out.

farthing
05-09-2011, 12:08 PM
Just a wee thought, if it a recent thing, he may need a vet check. If a cat stops grooming as well as it used to, it is often caused by either arthritis or general ill health. I find my hyperthyroid cats particularly bad.
Of course he could just be a mucky kit!

CathyW
11-09-2011, 09:59 PM
Just a wee thought, if it a recent thing, he may need a vet check. If a cat stops grooming as well as it used to, it is often caused by either arthritis or general ill health. I find my hyperthyroid cats particularly bad.
Of course he could just be a mucky kit!
hes fit as a 9 year old can be. just lazy.
i bought a cat grooming brush and hes looking alot better, he likes being brushed, so thats why he dont groom himself so we make a fuss of him lol
when i can ill try n get some pics of lazy 5