PDA

View Full Version : Kitten food - advice pleaseeee

Velvet
15-08-2011, 11:11 AM
Now that Mindy can climb & jump better she can also get to Tim & Amber's adult food which she scoffs with glee & wont eat her own food :(

Sometimes she will eat a little of the Nature's menu kitten food, but wont touch Whiskas kitten at all - the older kids wont touch the Nature's menu so no problem that way

This morning I mixed some adult Felix (Felix Sensations) into the Natures Menu kitten & Mindy did eat some of it

Possibly part of the problem is we free feed so adult food (& kitten) always available

Any other ideas how to encourage Mindy to eat her kitten food?

angieh
15-08-2011, 11:19 AM
How old is she now Velvet? TBH I wouldn't worry too much - after all food specifically designed for kittens is a recent addition to the pet food market. Pip was the same and went off his kitten food altogether once he'd tasted Kizzy's adult kibble.

Velvet
15-08-2011, 12:31 PM
Hi Angie, she is about 15/16 weeks now.

dandysmom
15-08-2011, 03:39 PM
I wouldn't worry too much; many many kittens do that; all of mine have much preferred the adult food. I just gave in and let them eat what the wanted; never seemed to have any bad effects. And the adults were delighted to finish up the kitten food. :mrgreen: