PDA

View Full Version : Spotify

dandysmom
07-08-2011, 04:34 PM
I need a bit of help. I didn't know what I was doing when this was downloaded, and didn't set up a playlist. I just picked the artists/songs I wanted, and have 86 tracks now in the Library: also in the Starred section. How do I get them into a Playlist?

angieh
08-08-2011, 01:30 PM
Hi Eileen - sorry, haven't been on Spotify for a while so just loaded it to see if I could spot :D the playlist button and yes, it's there - well on my PC anyway, last item on the left handside menu - in a lighter font showing "+ new playlist". Hope that helps!

Phoenix
08-08-2011, 02:36 PM
My spotify died months ago so can't help you DM :(

dandysmom
08-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Yes, I see the New Playlist button, but when I've clicked on it nothing happens!! How do you get it to open?

angieh
08-08-2011, 03:58 PM
:cry: :oops: Don't know - not used it!

dandysmom
08-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Eeeek! The Help section is no good! I posted this on OFF with no luck either.

Angie, if not in a playlist, where are your songs? In Library or Starred?

How is Pip?

angieh
08-08-2011, 07:42 PM
OK - confession time - what I have always done is just search on the artist I want to listen to and then select the album ....... if it is a favourite, it gets starred and so I play the star list if I want the best of the best of my sounds! However, now here in UK you can only play something 5 times, I am afraid I've not used anything since ......

pamela81
08-08-2011, 07:50 PM
If you click on the song and drag it over to your playlist it should add it to your playlist, thats how i add my songs and had no probs doing it. Hope that helps

dandysmom
08-08-2011, 08:09 PM
OK - confession time - what I have always done is just search on the artist I want to listen to and then select the album ....... if it is a favourite, it gets starred and so I play the star list if I want the best of the best of my sounds! However, now here in UK you can only play something 5 times, I am afraid I've not used anything since ......That's what I've been doing too, Angie ... I have 86 tracks in the Starred list (also Library), but I don't know how to get them in a Playlist, as that never will open! Guess I'll just have to keep doing what I've been doing. But that 5 times apparently doesn't apply here ... yet!! If it does, guess I'll have to upgrade to the $4.99 a month, as I love it... my own personal radio station playing just what I like! :D

Is Pandora available in the UK? I think I'll get Chris to download that also, I can use it for my classical favorites. Spotify is all oldies and pop. Pamela, thanks, but Playlist won't open ........ :roll:

Mags
19-08-2011, 11:13 PM
Eileen, click on 'New Playlist' to highlight it, type in what ever you want to name the playlist (eg 50s, 60s, 70s or other) then hit enter.

When you want to save a track, left click on it to highlight and drag it onto the new playlist you have made.

dandysmom
20-08-2011, 01:00 AM
Mags, what do you mean by "left click"? I thought that was a PC thing, not Mac .....and sorry to be dumb, but when I click on New Playlist nothing happens .....

I think I'm just going to have to live with having all my music in Starred/Library. I can't share it or pick where I want to listen. but at least it's all there.

And it's certainly better than getting an iPod and then a dock and speakers, then downloading songs at 99 cents each! This is my own radio station with just my music, and I ignore the commercials just as I do with the regular radio.

Mags
20-08-2011, 09:03 AM
Mags, what do you mean by "left click"? I thought that was a PC thing, not Mac .....and sorry to be dumb, but when I click on New Playlist nothing happens .....

I think I'm just going to have to live with having all my music in Starred/Library. I can't share it or pick where I want to listen. but at least it's all there.

And it's certainly better than getting an iPod and then a dock and speakers, then downloading songs at 99 cents each! This is my own radio station with just my music, and I ignore the commercials just as I do with the regular radio.
Left click with your mouse and it will highlight the playlist then type in the title for that list.
Maybe this link will help you more:

http://www.spotify.com/uk/about/features/playlists/

If that doesn't work for you, try again by clicking on the + sign before New Playlist.

dandysmom
20-08-2011, 03:44 PM
Mags, by left click do you mean click on the left side of my mouse (it's one piece, not divided like some mice) or click to the left of playlist? Thanks for that link but I'd already read it and most of the other stuff, and nothing seems to explain what I want to do. At this point, I'm just tempted to let everything be. But thanks so much anyway. :D

Mags
20-08-2011, 04:30 PM
Mags, by left click do you mean click on the left side of my mouse (it's one piece, not divided like some mice) or click to the left of playlist? Thanks for that link but I'd already read it and most of the other stuff, and nothing seems to explain what I want to do. At this point, I'm just tempted to let everything be. But thanks so much anyway. :D
Try clicking on the plus sign + on the left of the Play List. If it works for you, type in the name you are going to call that list, then press the enter/return key on your Mac. Choose a track you want from Spotify by clicking on that track to highlight it, then with your mouse still held down drag the track to the play list you have just made, making sure your mouse cursor is over your new play list, then release hold on your mouse.

You can start as many new play lists as you require ;)