PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else's cats do any of this?

Phoenix
24-07-2011, 08:53 PM
How many people have cats who do any of the following?

* Stalking the neighbours round the garden thinking he can't be seen then getting surprised when the neighbours spot him

* Run off with random pens round the house so we can never find one when we want one

* Blatantly ask for a tummy rub

*Ask to be chased then get scared when someone does what he wants

* Think the telephone is going to get up and feed him when OH or I are talking on the phone and Dylan's in the kitchen (he leads us through then insists the telephone is going to feed him :roll: )

*Stalk the watering can round the garden then get surprised when the watering can contains water when we're watering the plants

* Start yowling at certain other cats but use the wrong body language towards them

* Use the correct body language to communicate with the other cat but decide upon the wrong noise

* Insist that most cat food is toxic poison but thinks other cat's foods are OK and all people food is Dylan food

* Deliberately does something silly in order to go to the vet and insists the vet is his best ever friend

*Approach random strangers then get confused when the stranger shoos him away

*Play chicken with random vehicles on the road when they are going at 20 or 30 miles an hour (sometimes the vehicles go slower than that I'll be fair)

* Be generally incapable of understanding danger

*When the phone rings and it's my mum on the phone think that my Mum's behind the telly/outside the door/ under the table

* Get stuck somewhere and have to be rescued from wherever he's stuck

I'll probably be editing this later when I can remember the others.

Edit:

* Lie in wait by the flowerpots until he sees water coming out of them then pouncing on the water and find it astonishing that the water's wet :roll:

* Talk to the wall and look like he thinks the wall is answering

dandysmom
24-07-2011, 09:01 PM
Blatantly solciting a tummy rub, yes; no to all the rest! Dylan is a strange little cat ..... at least he keeps you amused! :D

Phoenix
24-07-2011, 09:04 PM
Forgot this one DM: this afternoon he decided to try stalking his paw :? :roll:

dandysmom
24-07-2011, 09:26 PM
That boy is definitely a sandwich short of a picnic! :roll:

Phoenix
24-07-2011, 09:48 PM
I have no idea why - at first I thought he was stalking a piece of grass until he suddenly tried grabbing his front paw :roll:

Velvet
24-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Love a character!!!

Phoenix
24-07-2011, 11:42 PM
Love a character!!!

A very strange character Velvet :lol:

Hreow
24-07-2011, 11:49 PM
Most of them... Toffee also drinks water by dipping a front paw in and sucking/licking the water off that. Which is one way, I guess. Then he realises that his paw is wet and shakes the nasty wetness off. Also fairly common. And then he does the shaking thing but forgets to lift the paw out of the water and suddenly everything is very wet indeed. If it was only once, there would be hope but repeatedly? Sandwich short here as well.

Manyana13
25-07-2011, 12:28 AM
My word, I never realised how many of these things Harry does!! He is a very special cat, but Dylan certainly outranks him in this area! :D

* Stalking the neighbours round the garden thinking he can't be seen then getting surprised when the neighbours spot him

NO, but he does stalk birds, yelping as loud as he can.... and then wondering why he cannot catch a bird. The same applies for butterflies!

* Run off with random pens round the house so we can never find one when we want one

YES!! Harry does this too!

* Blatantly ask for a tummy rub

Yup, and he moans if you don't!!

* Deliberately does something silly in order to go to the vet and insists the vet is his best ever friend

Unfortunately Harry loves the vet, and he does silly things too.... I was so embarrassed once, Harry was ill for a few days, moping and not himself at all so I took him in, when we went into the consulting room, he started purring and rolling around and meowing... like a new happy cat! :oops:

* Be generally incapable of understanding danger

SNAP!

*When the phone rings and it's my mum on the phone think that my Mum's behind the telly/outside the door/ under the table

Harry doesn't do this, but he is still looking for the cat on the other side of the mirror! He has been looking for this cat since he was a kitten. He is 3 years old now....:?

* Get stuck somewhere and have to be rescued from wherever he's stuck

All the time! And I am a bad parent because I have to stop myself from laughing, take a photo and then rescue him! :twisted:

Another thing Harry does well is gets jelous, so if one of the other cats or the dog gets a cuddle or a belly rub, he will make a moany noise and turn his back to me and stare at the wall. So funny... and so odd!! Then I have to make it up to him and he moans moans moans and then gives in and then readily accepts his belly rubs!!

Cats... who would have em?!! :-D :-D

Squirrel
25-07-2011, 07:55 AM
Cloud looks for the cat on the other side of the mirror. And runs off with the pens.

And yest she actually chirped (or similar) at me to get me to come rub her tummy - that's the most blatant she's been about it yet...

Phoenix
25-07-2011, 09:33 AM

Harry doesn't do this, but he is still looking for the cat on the other side of the mirror! He has been looking for this cat since he was a kitten. He is 3 years old now....:?

Cats... who would have em?!! :-D :-D

Dylan's about 7 now and still does a lot of these :lol:

paulinef2
25-07-2011, 01:54 PM
lester gets a shock to find that water is wet, he is only 25 weeks so the surprise should wear off sometime.... maybe :)

Phoenix
25-07-2011, 02:25 PM
lester gets a shock to find that water is wet, he is only 25 weeks so the surprise should wear off sometime.... maybe :)

My Dylan's old enough to know that though, Lester's still young enough to work that one out ;) :lol:

Edit:

Today when I was bathing him he decided the towel was a cat eating monster and wouldn't let me dry him :roll:

Phoenix
26-07-2011, 10:58 PM
Dylan's been playing with a piece of plastic and for some reason he's telling it "no" :? :roll: He literally said the word "no" to it :roll:

He just tried stalking something again and slid head first across the carpet straight into the coffee table :lol:

pamela81
27-07-2011, 06:38 AM
what a chharacter you have rcr!!!

Skye lets you know when she wants her belly rubbed by just randoly rolling over on the floor. She doesnt do any of the resy, however, Harris runs off with pens and meows at the walls aswell. He also stalks the sheet thats covering 1 of our doors just now aswell

Phoenix
27-07-2011, 09:38 AM
Dylan also thinks all people food is Dylan food, including pizza :lol: :roll:

PoshPuss
27-07-2011, 10:05 AM
Posh demands tummy rubs and cuddles. She will sit in front of visitors and stare to get a smoothing or pat away at their trousers until she gets attention.

She also will knock a newspaper out of your hand if you ignore her. Such a diva! :D

Phoenix
27-07-2011, 11:34 AM
Posh demands tummy rubs and cuddles. She will sit in front of visitors and stare to get a smoothing or pat away at their trousers until she gets attention.

She also will knock a newspaper out of your hand if you ignore her. Such a diva! :D

Dylan sits on the paper then wonders why he slides off our laps :lol:

Phoenix
14-08-2011, 12:04 AM
Dylan this afternoon decided the sunshine was a cat eating monster and so stressful :roll:

Gladys
14-08-2011, 08:54 AM
The other day, the next door cat was sitting down, when he saw a spider on his back. He did no more than turn towards the spider and gobble it up.

It reminded me of my cat a few years ago. She saw a spider crawling up her tail, and I don't think she's ever been so scared. She ran all over the place to get the spider off of her. Then when it was on the floor, she ran away from it again.

Dylan seems to take the biscuit in odd behaviour, though. Still, I think an odd cat is a happy cat.

Meeze
14-08-2011, 11:46 AM
What a good thread!

Mine do the "asking for a tummy rub" thing and take the attitude sometimes that their own food bowl contains poison but another's is delicious (even if they contain exactly the same food). The girls also decide that my food is their food and that I am merely tasting it to see that it is the right temperature for them.

The other things do not come into my girls' repertoire but they do like to climb up on top of doors and look down upon me. I think it is a "height and superiority" attitude when they're in the mood.

Dylan is a very sweet and interesting character, RCR.:D In fact, many on here seem to have cats with lovely idiosynchrasies. Whoever thinks cats have no personality has probably never owned (been owned by) a cat. :D

babycakes
14-08-2011, 09:18 PM
Awww the story with the spider made me laugh Gladys.
Denis has had an obsession with pens since very young

He will also go around the room knocking things off the tops of things if you are ignoring him or he will bite your feet to get attention

truthisouthere
15-08-2011, 10:02 PM
@Rescuecatsrule (and they do) all of these and more is why I love cats, very complex, and very funny, wouldn't be without them.
I love your list, brings back memories of cats past and present.