PDA

View Full Version : Rescue Remedy?

Phoenix
20-07-2011, 10:27 PM
I know this will sound like a stupid question but I've been wondering this all day.

Can rescue remedy be used on a permanent basis for cats and will it affect any medication that the cat needs?

We used to have Beauty on mimulus on and off due to her timidity but we never kept her on it permanently, Dylan we had on one but I can't remember which one (Dylan's was to stop him fighting and spraying when we first got him)

Velvet
21-07-2011, 02:00 AM
You'd be better to try the Feliway Diffuser, its for all those sort of issues. I got ours on ebay quite reasonably. Im totally amazed at the difference its made in just a few days

Rescue remedy is good I have used it with dogs, however it can take longer to have effect.

My view is why give any drug even herbal when something like a diffuser you just plug in has the same effect much quicker & effectively.

Phoenix
21-07-2011, 11:20 AM
We tried Dylan on feliway when we first got him (for his spraying) but the diffuser made him more stressed :roll:

angieh
21-07-2011, 11:59 AM
Have a look at this thread RCR

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=39540&highlight=lavender

You might find the link about aromatherapy use with animals interesting.

I have used Rescue Remedy but mainly for myself!

Phoenix
21-07-2011, 01:35 PM
Aromatherapy is certaintly an option angie :)

angieh
21-07-2011, 04:20 PM
I found some of the case studies on that link just amazing RCR - animals can respond immediately to the right substance. I wonder if there's a practitioner in your area - although I'm not sure how expensive it would be.

Velvet
21-07-2011, 04:51 PM
How long did you use the Feliway for?

Phoenix
21-07-2011, 05:51 PM
How long did you use the Feliway for?

We kept the feliway for several months before I finally took it down the local rescue for them to use.

Velvet
21-07-2011, 11:28 PM
Thankfully we have had success