PDA

View Full Version : is there a cat awareness week or anything similar?

xx-snowball-xx
20-07-2011, 02:28 PM
i have rabbits also and a few months ago was rabbit awareness week (got a free health check for my rabbit and an information pack which was cool)

was just wondering if there is anything like this for cats as well?

or any time there are schemes where certain things are cheaper - like microchipping. i want to get him microchipped, but as he is an indoor cat it isn't an urgent thing like vaccs or neuter iynwim

dandysmom
20-07-2011, 03:14 PM
If there is, I'm not aware of it, sorry!

Velvet
20-07-2011, 05:05 PM
Cant say ive heard of one either. Sometimes you get a dribr towards neutering & microchipping by the bigger charities. Maybe check with CPL?

angieh
20-07-2011, 05:20 PM
Last year Kizzy got a free dental check up as part of pets' dental awareness week. Best to check with your vet or sign up for their newsletter if they do them. I get my newsletter via email.

xx-snowball-xx
20-07-2011, 08:31 PM
Cant say ive heard of one either. Sometimes you get a dribr towards neutering & microchipping by the bigger charities. Maybe check with CPL?

oh i don't want anything discounted by a charity or anything :)
was just wondering really since it wasn't long ago that we had rabbit awareness week :)

I shall defo sign up for a newsletter :)

Elaine
20-07-2011, 08:55 PM
Try contacting your local branch of Cats Protection, they often have open day events at different times of the year.

Phoenix
20-07-2011, 09:07 PM
I have no idea round here. Where I lived in Yorkshire the vet had a neuter/spay discount for cats and dogs at certain times of the year to encourage people to neuter and spay.