PDA

View Full Version : Oliver! pack your bags!

Netty
11-07-2011, 12:24 PM
Thats it! I can almost put up with being wakened in the wee sma hours when he decides to bring his toys in. I can also just about put up with finding dead voles which he leaves lying around the house. But, I am not putting up with him popping dead voles into my handbag, which I discovered this morning. It had to be on the same side I keep my purse!!! YUCK!

angieh
11-07-2011, 12:55 PM
Oh Oliver! But really, he was only showing how much he loves you Netty .... hard, but can't you just think of the poor vole as a bunch of flowers?

Hreow
11-07-2011, 02:52 PM
He was only making sure that you didn't have to go hungry? Packed lunch?
(Yuck! not the best place for voles of any description. )

dandysmom
11-07-2011, 03:29 PM
LOL, he means well, try to think of it that way! :mrgreen:

Netty
11-07-2011, 03:50 PM
I have spent the whole day, rubber gloves on, pulling things out from under the bed, under the stairs and in cupboards. Thank god I havent found anything else!

Ang - flowers smell nice!
Hre - I dont eat voles, for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Dandy - he doesnt mean well. He did that deliberately because we have started closing doors at night, so that he cant get to the above places. Its his way of saying "well, leave the door open at night"!!!

angieh
11-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Ah, it was the curry favour vole!

dandysmom
11-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Wow, you're seriously teed off at him, aren't you?

angieh
11-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Have to say I used to get very upset about dead creatures in the house ......... sort of immune now I think. I'd much rather they weren't here either dead or alive but I've accepted it as part of having the pleasure of my two cats living with me. I wouldn't give them up for the world.

Think the attitude has become more relaxed since Monty arrived and I've got used to him being around and the extra work that entails.

I'm sorry you are struggling Netty. As Eileen says you really do sound as if you are actually getting near showing Oliver the door.

Netty
11-07-2011, 07:06 PM
I'm not that bad, its just something I have to put up with. I live in the hope that he will grow out of it. Sorry if I gave the wrong impression.

Misspurrfect
11-07-2011, 07:15 PM
Aww Netty I can sympathise with you. One of my earlier cats, Muffin, was an exceptional hunter and loved leaving me dead animals (thank goodness it was only outside though). I used to have a real problem as I really don't do dead things. Funny thing was I'm sure she knew I would be upset because I used to see her hiding under a bush watching me open the door, screaming and slamming it shut again. I can laugh about it now, but at the time it was a real problem and for one spit second I did wonder whether I could cope with it. She progressed from little sparrows to pigeons and ended up with a big magpie. My neighbor said that before much longer she'd be bringing me a duck from the park for Sunday Dinner.

Fortunately now I have two indoor cats and the only thing they bring me is their toy mice :-)

cats' staff
11-07-2011, 08:04 PM
Oh I know that feelings well. It's the 'I love you dearly BUT' feeling. People say they wouldn't change their pets for the world but most of us could cope with one or two minor behaviour modifications........

Smudge's trick is, 'you lock me in at night, I hate litter trays ergo I WILL pee on the floor right next to the clean litter tray' She does it with a 'so there' expression too!

lynz85
11-07-2011, 08:41 PM
oh oliver!! you best be on your best behaviour for a while!!

Netty
12-07-2011, 01:40 PM
It was a mouse this moning, luckily it wasnt in my bag! I gave hubby the job of shovelling it up from under the settee, (he wasnt too happy!).

Hreow
12-07-2011, 03:45 PM
Mouse: Well, you wouldn't eat the vole?

I sometimes wonder if my past cats have been as concerned for my feeding habits as I have been for theirs. "He doesn't eat {insert type of healthy cat food here} but maybe if I keep trying/change the flavour/put it in a different place. .." You probably all know the spiel. :) It doesn't make the dead presents any nicer, I'm just wondering if it is a common trait.

angieh
12-07-2011, 03:57 PM
Interesting perspective Hreow! And if you'd seen the look on Monty Bogle's face this morning while I was eating my muesli ...... you could be on to something!