PDA

View Full Version : The New Mac

dandysmom
05-07-2011, 06:45 PM
Bigger than I wanted. I will say it's quite a bit faster, especially in PhotoBucket; like anything new it takes some getting used to. Plus the new Firefox, and the weird neurotic wireless mouse.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d117/dandysmom/Non%20Cat/DSCN1479.jpg

Mags
05-07-2011, 06:54 PM
Very nice indeed, Eileen ...... I like the carefully placed glass of vino!:D

You will soon get used to the size of the screen! Is that the new Mac flat keyboard, it looks a lot smaller than the one I use (17ins)?

dandysmom
05-07-2011, 07:06 PM
First I had to remember where I'd put the tape measure when I unpacked!! The keyboard is 11" Too small, I keep hitting the Caps Lock almost every time I type an A ...... And the mouse is neurotic, it skitters around by itself doing weird things. Sigh ......I will adjust!

Nice glass of vino verde ... just in the pic to give you perspective, of course :mrgreen:

angieh
05-07-2011, 08:01 PM
First thing I spotted was the glass of wine!!!

You need a mouse mat Eileen, to stop it skittering about. I find that helps a lot.

dandysmom
05-07-2011, 08:24 PM
We forgot to pack the mouse pad! Then Chris said he had a spare one, bur forgot to bring it yesterday! I think I'll just order a new one on line, simpler.

angieh
05-07-2011, 08:37 PM
Be a bit careful - I have one I really like an "X-Files" one, but the surface is actually too smooth; then I have a softer slightly more textured one "Lovely Day for a Guinness" which is just right for my mouse which is still quick but controllable. There are (probably) variables in-between!!!

Kazz
05-07-2011, 08:40 PM
Eileen you have a desk....................Wow.........

dandysmom
05-07-2011, 09:00 PM
Yep, Kazz, not on the floor any more! This place has lots of electric outlets and one near the phone jack, so .....:mrgreen:

dandysmom
05-07-2011, 09:04 PM
Be a bit careful - I have one I really like an "X-Files" one, but the surface is actually too smooth; then I have a softer slightly more textured one "Lovely Day for a Guinness" which is just right for my mouse which is still quick but controllable. There are (probably) variables in-between!!!

Complicated! I didn't know there were different types; just went on line and found a site that carried"mouse pads" and ordered one with a brown tabby on it. That was 7 years ago ......

Moli
05-07-2011, 09:26 PM
Very nice Eileen......

alexgirl73
05-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Looks good Eileen, and I'm sure you'll have it sussed in no time at all (and I also like the desk :D) x