PDA

View Full Version : A Lovely Neighbour.

Darky
29-06-2011, 06:22 PM
Since moving into our new home, Fiance and I have made good friends with just one neighbour.. A little black cat.

Seems to definitely be a female, however she does spray. :? Which to my knowledge is possible, though unusual.

She's pretty small, and definitely an older lady, and completely barking mad. We met her when we first came to pick up the keys, as she likes sleeping on our doorstep and generally hanging around. I think she lives just across the road somewhere, and I did notice her the other day outside a house that had an empty red pet food bowl on the wall.

She doesn't have a collar or anything, and part of me is a bit paranoid that she's a stray, but I don't have any proof to back that up. She obviously eats (a couple of weeks ago she vomited some dry food in our front garden :roll: ), and I have been keeping an eye on her weight on the off chance that she ever appears to be losing it.

She will run up to you, meowing her head off, walking back and forth, and then either:
A] Suddenly bolt and run off like a lunatic.
B] Rub against you, beg for a fuss, and roll around the ground.
C] Get a fuss, then bite you. :lol: She's very gentle, but has bitten both me and Fiance on one occassion each, but it's more like being gummed and she seems completely unbothered immediately afterwards.

Now that we've gotten to know her, nine times out of ten it's, 'B.'

I've received a kitty kiss from her in the form of her ramming her nose into my face before, too. :lol: We say hello to her at every opportunity, and I just wish I knew who her owner was. :( Just so I knew she had one, and perhaps to let them know that their cat is a sweetheart.

Either way, I'll always keep an eye out for her.

Anyone here have a lovely feline neighbour? :-o

dandysmom
29-06-2011, 07:12 PM
Now that IS a good neighbor; she sounds like a little character! Good that you're keeping an eye out for her. Any chance of a pic?

pamela81
29-06-2011, 09:40 PM
aww she sounds like a lovely neighbour, i do hope she has an owner and isnt a stray x

Manyana13
30-06-2011, 09:21 AM
Oh that is so sweet! :-) She sounds like a little character. Please do keep us updated on her!

With three cats, no other cats seem to come near our house :-(

Vinnie however, spends a lot of time next door. The lady next door is a lovely older lady, widowed and lives on her own. She doesn't feed Vinnie, he just visits her during the day and chats away to her! Her and her grown up children love him so much. It is so sweet. He does take advantage though, he will go in via a window and demand to be let out through the front door. He will sit and rattle the keys in the door until she lets him out! At first I was a bit annoyed that he spent so much time in somebody else's house, but she is so lovely and I would rather he was there than at anybody elses house!