PDA

View Full Version : Think ive a tooth abcess

Velvet
20-06-2011, 08:12 AM
Started getting toothache last week after having lunch out. As ive got sensitive teeth thought it would settle, tooth i had filled couple weeks ago, it didnt settle and come friday evening even my tongue touching the tooth was enough to make me wince, the gum for that tooth and those around it was badly swollen.

As hadnt a hope of getting to emergency dentist in Belfast [60 odd miles away], as last ditch attempt [dont like to take painkillers - upset my digestion] started to rinse my mouth with saline - first few attempts were hair raising to say the least:shock: subsequent rinses following that i do think it helped as by last night the gum swelling had reduced a little

So guess who will be onto the dentist this morning as soon as they open?

I cant go today as mum has a pre op assessment prior to her eye surgery today but hopefully something soon

angieh
20-06-2011, 09:28 AM
So sorry Velvet - I do sympathise, very painful. Can you get Oraldene from your chemist to see you over until you can get a dental appointment? It's a gentle antiseptic mouthwash that is recommended post mouth op.

Velvet
20-06-2011, 10:00 AM
I'll try that Angie thanks - cant get an appt until Wednesday.

Shelley123
20-06-2011, 10:09 AM
Oh you poor thing Helen.
I hope you manage to keep it under control untill Wed, can they not perhaps perscribe AB's in the meantime ?
If your not driving anywhere tonight a swish of whiskey around your mouth can also damp down the pain although it will probably hurt untill it'd numbed it.
Hope your mum's pre op goes ok

Kazz
20-06-2011, 11:13 AM
Ouch and ouch I wonder if the childrens teething gel bonjela would help?

angieh
20-06-2011, 11:29 AM
Oil of Cloves is the old-fashioned remedy but it does make everything else taste of cloves. Fine if you like the flavour. Sorry you can't get seen until Wednesday - doesn't your dentist do emergency appointments?

dandysmom
20-06-2011, 04:14 PM
I use something called Anbesol, it's an OTC numbing liquid, and really works. (((hugs))), that is soooo painful.