PDA

View Full Version : Feliway

pamela81
01-06-2011, 01:41 PM
Been doing a wee bit of reading up on the feliway plug-in for calming cats down. I think maybe something like that may calm Harris down as he is constantly hyper in the mornings and at night time. Also thinking it might stop him Warbling(he has an extremely weird/loud meow!!!) really loudly during the night.

Has anyone else used it and what do you think of it?

fancyabrew
01-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Just got one this weekend, and it does seem to have calmed Marmaduke down, although it is early days. He has had some incidents with Chloe but not nearly as many as normal. We got a plug in and a spray from nutrecare the two were about £37

Manyana13
01-06-2011, 02:23 PM
We got feliway when we introduced a dog to the household. It took a few weeks to work properly, but it really de-stressed the cats and they were in the house all the time and happy! I have heard from other people who have used it and it has had no effect on their cats. So I suppose you would have to try it and see. It worked wonders on my 3!

I do know dog owners who use 'Rescue Remedy' for hyper or stressed dogs, they put a few drops into the waterbowl. I haven't used this myself and have no idea if this would work with cats or of any potential effects it could have. It is herbal. May be worth researching - or somebody on here might know more.

dandysmom
01-06-2011, 04:10 PM
I've never used Feliway, but wouldn't hesitate to try it; it seems to get far more positive than negative reports. Several members have used Rescue Remedy for their cats, also with good reports....

FarplaceRescue
01-06-2011, 05:41 PM
We use feliway to help calm down the pregnant feral cats we take in. It works. By the time they have their kits, they are usually calm enough to alow me to assist if they run into difficulties. I am taking a pregnant feral in tomorrow night. The feliway is already plugged in.
I have also used the dog version (DAP) but can't say it really worked on my manic pack of 4.

lynz85
01-06-2011, 07:08 PM
well if it works for harris, let me know il get one for pip!! rescue remedy for dogs hmm... i may have to try that with my mums over excited labrador!!

pamela81
01-06-2011, 07:10 PM
lol going to look into it a bit more lynz but will def let you know!!

Velvet
01-06-2011, 07:39 PM
Used rescue remedy on Katie, tidal wave hit the car & she associated the car with fear. Vet recommended it when wehad tried everything else & it was excellent