PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Ireland?

JBalways2000
28-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Hi all!

I was just wondering if any members on this forum are living in the south of Ireland? We are really really hoping to move to Dublin-my partner is in the process of looking for work there at the moment, but obviously we have alot of things to sort out with a move like this and one of my main concerns is obviously the animals! We have 3 rabbits along with the 3 boys and im hoping to get vet recommendations from people living in Dublin-long shot i know, but we have been using the same vet for about 8 years now and it took us a couple of years of working our way through alot of bad vets to find a good one-we really dont want to go through that again. Hoping they never need to go, but obviously its better to know of a good recommended vet should the need arise.

The other thing i need help with is insurance. I rang up our current insurance for the boys the other day, but unfortunately marks and spencers dont do insurance in the south :( Its a shame because they have never let us down with claims, offer a brilliant plan and are no stress. the premium gets higher every year, but i expect most pet insurance would be the same, but still its worth it for peace of mind. Been searching online to try and find pet insurance companies and covers in Ireland and have been disappointed with the plans and premiums so far. So again was hoping to get recommendations:D

If no one is able to help, i wonder if anyone knows of a good kittie forum thats based in Ireland that i could get some answers from? Dont worry, i wont be abandoning the forum, this is still my favourite place to talk cat:D

angieh
28-05-2011, 01:06 PM
So sorry JB - I am not able to help you at all. I have been to Ireland on holiday once and loved it there.

Good luck with your research. One excellent thing about Internet forums is that wherever you are, you can still post. Makes the whole world able to talk to each other. Brilliant in my view. So glad you won't be deserting us!

JBalways2000
28-05-2011, 01:16 PM
So sorry JB - I am not able to help you at all. I have been to Ireland on holiday once and loved it there.

Good luck with your research. One excellent thing about Internet forums is that wherever you are, you can still post. Makes the whole world able to talk to each other. Brilliant in my view. So glad you won't be deserting us!

Thankyou Angie:D And no, definately no desertion from me!:lol: I dont get on here as often as I'd like, but as i said it is definately my favourite place to come and talk about the boys and read funny stories about other silly kitties:lol: not to mention the support and advice ive had here that has meant the world to me at times.

I have only been to Ireland a few times myself but my fiance was born there and has alot of family there and like you i have loved it every time i have visited so we just feel its time for a fresh start-i think the boys will prefer the view there too!:lol: really hoping it can happen for us, but you dont realise the amount of things you have to try and get in order for a move like this:shock: I can only imagine how much harder it would be moving to the other side of the world:shock:

Velvet
28-05-2011, 03:28 PM
We are in Nth Ireland. Ive heard insurance in south is very limited

Try googling Pets Ireland forum

What part of ireland are you thinking of settling in?

JBalways2000
28-05-2011, 04:15 PM
We are in Nth Ireland. Ive heard insurance in south is very limited

Try googling Pets Ireland forum

What part of ireland are you thinking of settling in?

Thanks! Off to join that forum now:D

We are moving to Dublin if we can. And yes we have been searching online a bit today for insurance and really not finding much. so odd, wouldnt think it would be a problem, but at the plans i have seen we would be better off trying to save some money for emergencies as they really dont offer great cover so far. Might be pointed in the right direction on the forum you have recommended though so thanks again!:D