PDA

View Full Version : An unwelcome guest

angieh
27-05-2011, 08:00 PM
Over the last week or so, we have had a visitor. A strange stripy spotty cat - he has been in the house twice. Once in the bedroom through the open window and once in the hallway, presumably via the open back door. I suspect he is an un-neutered Tom because he is so bold.

This evening, he has slashed Pip's nose - a deep diagonal single claw slash, luckily missing Pip's eye. I have bathed the area and will keep a close eye for any infection.

Come on young Monty, grow up strong and able to protect "your" cats from harm. Chase off this unwelcome guest.

I will try and get a photo because unwelcome though he might be, he is a particularly striking and stunning looking cat.

cats' staff
27-05-2011, 08:12 PM
Oh dear, poor Pip. I do hope he is OK!

dandysmom
27-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Poor Pip! Gentle cuddle to him and hope the sore nose is better soon.

Some nerve, just coming unwanted and uninvited in the house!!

Tink
27-05-2011, 09:38 PM
Aww, poor Pip! :(
Agreed, how incredibly bold of him. Your house seems to attract strays..

calismum
27-05-2011, 10:45 PM
Pip's cousins send lots of gentle grooming licks and cuddles.

Velvet
28-05-2011, 12:33 AM
Thats awful Angie, poor Pip, in his own home too. If our dogs are anything to go by, they are very protective of our kitts.

Kazz
28-05-2011, 12:54 AM
Thats a bold cat alright. I think Pip needs to go to a few "self defence classes" poor lad. Hope his warwound heals up okay.

Monty will soon be seeing off the intruders.

babycakes
28-05-2011, 04:38 PM
poor Pip and what a cheeky boy he is too

angieh
28-05-2011, 08:16 PM
I tried to take a photo tonight of Pip's scratched nose, whilst giving him some Dreamies, but they didn't come out all that well. Will try again tomorrow. His nose is very obviously scratched, but it seems clean and there is no infection. It was so close to his eye - he's a lucky boy.

Wish I could encourage him to stand up for himself more. He really is a bit of a wuss.

dandysmom
28-05-2011, 08:48 PM
Wish I could encourage him to stand up for himself more. He really is a bit of a wuss.

A feline version of Ferdinand the Bull, who'd rather smell the flowers than fight ......