PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte tried to suckle from my dog!

JuliePup
25-05-2011, 10:15 PM
And I missed it!!! :shock: the boyfriend called me while I was at work today and told me that Honey, my 1 and a half year old pitt/german shepherd mix, had stretched out on the floor, and not a couple seconds later, Charlotte came up to her and found one of her teets and tried to suckle!!! lol lol It wierded Honey out a bit, so she rolled over, and Charlotte walked around Honey and found another teet and tried again! :-P What a goofball! Honey just laid there looking at Matt with an expression like "what the heck am I supposed to do here?!?" hahahaha I can't believe I missed it!!! It would have me a bit worried if the kitty wasn't eating solid food regularly, but she eats like a horse lol. Silly animals!!!!

~Julie

angieh
25-05-2011, 10:19 PM
I think Honey needs a big treat for being a sweetie and not taking a swipe at little Charlotte.

Do you know how old Charlotte was when she left her mother?

dandysmom
25-05-2011, 10:26 PM
That's a nice dog. I assume it reminded Charlotte of the old days and she tried for some milk ....... as long as she's on solid food I wouldn't worry at all; just an amusing little quirk!

lynz85
25-05-2011, 10:28 PM
awww bless her, shes not gonna get anything out of them!

JuliePup
25-05-2011, 10:30 PM
Oh yes, Honey got a few milkbones after that one :) But she's always been a big teddy bear....I have four dogs, and I've had rats other small animals with them, and they've been nothing short of patient and sweet with every one of them. My two girl dogs have always been pretty motherly of the other animals in the house lol. It's no different with Charlotte....she actually follows the dogs around all the time, trying to rub up to them (and of course, the dogs love the attention) hehehe

The lady who owns Charlotte's mama said that she was 8 1/2 weeks old when I picked her up, and the vet said that he thinks the same thing. I had noticed her trying to suckle from one of the dogs' stuffed animal toys a few days ago, but I never would have imagined!!! lol

angieh
26-05-2011, 09:54 AM
It seems that plenty of kitties do "wool sucking". I think we discussed this on another thread a while ago. It's a comfort thing and certainly nothing to worry about. She didn't leave her mum too young and is eating well.

Well done pats for your dogs!

Velvet.Tears
26-05-2011, 04:10 PM
Muffin tried to suckle off Smokey for many months and he is now over a year old but he does sometimes try it with me.