PDA

View Full Version : Stressed-out Siamese-cross

FarplaceRescue
17-05-2011, 05:35 PM
Pumpkin is a spayed female who's mum was a Siamese and who's dad was a "moggy". She is very talkative, friendly and sweet-natured. She's 6 years old. She came in because she "didn't like the baby". She's part-vaccinated, and will be fully vaccinated next week.
She's fine with dogs and other cats.
My problem with her is that she is very stressed to the extent that it is affecting her health. For a couple of weeks she hardly ate and just cried all the time. Then she started losing her hair. She's almost bald on one side, and has very thin hair on the other side. The vet has done various tests and can't find a medical cause, so we are putting her hair-loss down to the stress of being dumped.
She's very pretty, but until her hair grows back, I can't rehome her. I am using a Feliway plug-in, she is in a room with quiet cats, and not caged. She is now eating better. Does anyone have any suggestions about what to do with her? This photo from when she first arrived here.

http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae272/empath/th_Pumpkin1.jpg (http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae272/empath/?action=view&current=Pumpkin1.jpg)

Velvet.Tears
17-05-2011, 05:46 PM
I think she needs a place where she is an only pet, sounds to me she is stressed at being around other animals and being in a rescue perhaps? Poor little girl, she is very pretty.

Phoenix
17-05-2011, 06:03 PM
She's a lovely girl, have you thought about putting an appeal out for her? Let her have "free run" of the house and keep her away from other pets until she's got a home? Or would that not be possible?

babycakes
17-05-2011, 06:34 PM
WOW I wish I could have her she is stunning, Poor little baby girl though all stressed out. I hope she finds her forever home

angieh
17-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Sounds as if it may have been the cage that stressed her, if now she is not caged she is eating better. Perhaps she will calm down and her fur will regrow. I do hope so, poor wee girl - it's such a shame she was "dumped".

How does your rescue generally advertise pets that need rehoming?

FarplaceRescue
17-05-2011, 08:32 PM
We mainly rehome the animals via our website. She really needs a forever home, but I'm hoping her fur grows back soon.

Phoenix
13-07-2011, 08:55 PM
Have you been able to rehome her or is she still with you farplace?