PDA

View Full Version : Free to a home- doesn't have to be good!

farthing
15-05-2011, 05:50 PM
Urchin a black, feral kitten (not quite 1).

He won't let you cuddle him.
He attacks you feet if they so much a peep from under the duvet.
He wakens up and starts thundering through the house at 3 in the morning.
He opens your cupboard doors and drags you clothes from them.
His latest trick is to also open drawers and drag your underwater through the house.

I know most people won't be interested because of his colour, black but try to see past this, he is sleek and shiny!

Velvet.Tears
15-05-2011, 06:26 PM
aww he sounds like he can be tamed to reveal a lovely little boy. CHarlie was feral after a year he came round and loved his fusses and cuddles and sleeping on my bed.

angieh
15-05-2011, 07:17 PM
Sounds as if you've had it up to {} with the wee lambkin, farthing! Are you sure he's not a dog? The clothes dragging is very dog behaviour! (She says with authority, having just got her first puppy :lol: )

The toes under the duvet though - that's cat, definitely.

babycakes
15-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Sounds like my Denis....with lots of love patience and time he became a real cuddle bug and believe me he is called Denis for a reason!!
I dont like the fact that you have put ....the home doesnt have to be good!! Whats that supposed to mean?? surely the poor mite is entitled to live in a good home and if you are looking to rehome him then I suggest you ensure he goes to a good home as it will add to his problems, could end in abuse or further abandonment

Mags
15-05-2011, 07:43 PM
Am I missing something, I took Farthing's post to be a desperation joke :)

I'm sure Farthing isn't the type of person to give up on any difficult animal.

farthing
15-05-2011, 07:51 PM
No, it was only a joke, sorry I thought most people knew what we were like.
Even though he has dragged my pants through the house he is not being rehomed, it was meant to give people a laugh at the things that happen here. He has improved dramatically considering Mike nearly ended up in hospital because of him.

Mags
15-05-2011, 08:01 PM
I saw the funny side of it Farthing :lol:

Moli
15-05-2011, 08:08 PM
He sounds like a real little monster:lol::lol:But good fun too...;)

babycakes
15-05-2011, 08:12 PM
No, it was only a joke, sorry I thought most people knew what we were like.
Even though he has dragged my pants through the house he is not being rehomed, it was meant to give people a laugh at the things that happen here. He has improved dramatically considering Mike nearly ended up in hospital because of him.

I do appologise Farthing :oops: The post reminded me so much of Denis that I immediately got defensive.

It is though you really could be writing about him..he too was feral and a nightmare for the first 3 years to be honest he is still jumpy, can be aggressive but does love a good cuddle and tummy tickle now and is really a mummys boy deep down

I appologise again and hope I havent offended you

dandysmom
15-05-2011, 08:16 PM
I took it as a jokey post too, farthing; knew you'd never give up on one of yours. He's come a long way ...........

Hreow
15-05-2011, 09:01 PM
Besides, black is a good colour. :)

farthing
15-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Don't worry babycakes, I forgot people may not know what we do.
He is a bit special

angieh
15-05-2011, 10:46 PM
I would never have believed you weren't joking!

Netty
15-05-2011, 11:06 PM
Dont talk about dragging underwear through the house. At least yours are clean! Oliver gets mine from the washing bin!!

babycakes
15-05-2011, 11:23 PM
:lol: sorry Netty that made me laugh

Velvet
16-05-2011, 12:32 AM
Urchin a black, feral kitten (not quite 1).

He won't let you cuddle him.
He attacks you feet if they so much a peep from under the duvet.
He wakens up and starts thundering through the house at 3 in the morning.
He opens your cupboard doors and drags you clothes from them.
His latest trick is to also open drawers and drag your underwater through the house.

I know most people won't be interested because of his colour, black but try to see past this, he is sleek and shiny!

Love a boy with character:-D

alexgirl73
16-05-2011, 08:26 AM
He sounds adorable :p

pamela81
16-05-2011, 11:34 AM
i knew straight away what you meant. Harris although he wasnt feral, alot of the behaviours you described were him to a tee just a couple of months ago. He would attack feet, (think i put a post up before here) He now likes to go in the wardrobe and push clothes out so he can get comfy. The 1 thing he has always loved though is his cuddles. He stills thunders through the house at 3am through till 5am warbling and chasing Skye!!!!

I think it must just be a black cat thing!!! :)

Hope he starts behaiving for you soon xx

Phoenix
16-05-2011, 01:14 PM
I took this as being a jokey post as well :)

sarah5
16-05-2011, 09:26 PM
I don't really know you but knew this was a jokey post. your little kitty sounds absolutely wonderful, what a delight and bundle of fun to have around :-)

farthing
16-05-2011, 10:23 PM
In honesty Urchin has come on leaps and bounds.
I can actuallt touch him, although this means he has to bite and claw my hand- this is done in a playful way and doesn't break the skin ( or the biting doesn't!)

We often waken up with him lying between us or at my feet, at this point I know not to move quickly in case a get pronged.:lol:

We sometime have a couple of butteries in bed on a sunday with a coffee. Most of the cats, including Urchin have started begging ( in cat terms this means grabbing) for some. Urchin usually sits with Mr Tomsk in front of Mike and accepts his bit. We usually have 2 butteries each but in actual fact only end up eating one- Fluffy, Mr Tomsk, Sooty, Loki, Urchin, Pumkin and now Helga all line up for a taste. Helga is allowed to join in now because she has halved in weight and is a nice normal sized cat. I think really its us who should be cutting out the treats instead.

dandysmom
16-05-2011, 10:47 PM
What a lovely story, farthing! It's so good to hear about Helga, she was absolutely humongous when you got her; any change of a pic of the new trim puss?

angieh
17-05-2011, 10:45 AM
What a charming picture - you'll have us all queuing up and begging for those butteries, farthing!