PDA

View Full Version : Did Jerry know

Shelley123
09-05-2011, 04:34 PM
I wonder if Jerry knew Tom was ill and didn't have long.
The day before i saw him washing Tom's face. On Saturday Tom was lying on the back lawn and it was raining a little, normaly both cats would be inside during rain, however i discovered that Jerry was also lying on the lawn. I went over to stroke Tom and Jerry followed and gently touched noses.
When Tom had gone Jerry was very late coming into the kitchen to ask for his tea, he's usualy waiting up to half an hour before.
We are making sure Jerry gets plenty of fuss and attention.
Both Cats belonged to Howard's mum before she passed and i asked her to come and collect him, i'm sure he's enjoying sitting on her knee again.

angieh
09-05-2011, 05:19 PM
I expect Jerry did know ... after all they have lived together for a long long time. Nice to think of Tom being back with Howard's mum -

My first two cats Merlin and Smudge never got on very well and I am sure that Merlin couldn't really care when Smudge went; however recently when Pip was away in the vet hospital, Kizzy seemed to be searching for him. I did tell her that he would be coming home ....

lynz85
09-05-2011, 06:39 PM
I think they do know aswell. After mondo, my mum sent up her cat to keep me company, she normally sleeps in my room but for 3 nights she slept downstairs and wouldn't come in my room. He will be being well looked after back with howards mum.

babycakes
09-05-2011, 07:05 PM
When my cat was mauled by a greyhound his brother pined and pined and pined while he was at the vets for at least 2 weeks and when we brought Ginger home, as we thought he would get better, Tigger howled and howled and wouldnt go near him he was so upset. When we explained to the vet he said he thought Tigger knew Ginger was dying and was mouring him. He was terrible for months after too. They had both been dumped on our doorstep at 2 weeks old, eyes still closed and not spent a day apart from each other before that. It was very sad to see. So yes I think they do know, they sense things we dont understand. Like when Dennis knows I'm upset, ill or have a cut or sore he seeks it out and licks it its wierd.

Squirrel
09-05-2011, 07:06 PM
I agree - I'm sure he did know. Animals are such wonderful things, and like they seem aware of our emotions and well being, they will be aware of their fellow animals ones, especially if they are good friends.

Am sure he'll be having a good time with Howards Mum...

Velvet
09-05-2011, 07:40 PM
Bless him, how is he now?

When we had Rosie PTS last year, I asked my dad to come & meet her & take care of her. He always called her, " his special girl"

Shelley123
09-05-2011, 07:43 PM
Bless him, how is he now?

When we had Rosie PTS last year, I asked my dad to come & meet her & take care of her. He always called her, " his special girl"

Jerry seems ok, Helen. He's getting plenty of cuddles and is eating well.

MrsH
09-05-2011, 07:46 PM
I agree, I'm sure they can sense when something is seriously wrong with their friends. I like to think of him sitting on Howard's mum's lap. :cat3

Kazz
09-05-2011, 09:30 PM
I think they have a sense of something. No sure what they actually pick up but something. I am sure though that Howards Mom was there waiting for him.