PDA

View Full Version : Two incompetent cats!

angieh
05-05-2011, 11:46 AM
If it's not Monty keeping us awake in the wee small hours, it's one of the cats ....

Pip brought in a vole. First he played with it noisily in the hallway, then he brought it into the bedroom and started putting it for safe keeping in one of my shoes and then taking it out and tossing it into the air. During one such toss, it hit the plastic bottle of water on my bedside table. Anyway after that, Pip lost his vole and search as he may, he couldn't find it. He gave up. :shock:

Many hours later, I emerged from the shower and went into the bedroom to get dressed. There was the wee vole on the carpet. I was wet, with no clothes nor glasses on but I caught the vole under the wastepaper basket and left it there whilst I dried my hair and myself and got dressed. :oops: :shock: :shock: :shock: Later OH came in and managed to get the vole and the wastepaper basket outside so he could set it free. It was seemingly unharmed, but must have been so scared, poor thing. During all this, a puppy and two cats were wandering around aimlessly.

I told OH that David Attenborough would have been proud of him - praise indeed! :D :D :D

Pip, whose responsibility the vole was, did get a reprimand. ;) ;) ;)

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc44/angieh_bucket/Catsey/1ATBI001127.jpg

Phoenix
05-05-2011, 11:53 AM
That's the sort of thing Dylan would do given a chance angie :roll: Has our Dylan been teaching your Pip about hunting??? :lol:

lynz85
05-05-2011, 11:57 AM
oh pip! glad this poor wee one got a lucky escape, jungle gets chased if she tries to bring one in the house, she dumped one on my bedroom floor once aswell!

Velvet
05-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Wow - stunning pic, did you take that?

angieh
05-05-2011, 08:06 PM
No Velvet - not my photo, sorry don't know who did though.

cats' staff
05-05-2011, 09:28 PM
Oh dear, naughty Pip. I read this on my phone on a crowded train and got some odd looks as I kept giggling. Thanks for cheering up my journey!

jacks
07-05-2011, 09:30 PM
Brilliant story Angieh.Did make me giggle.:D
We have mice living under the shed.Minnie knows they are there as she sits peering under it.She has yet to see one let alone catch one.I keep saying if it poked its head out and said BOO she would run.:lol:

angieh
07-05-2011, 10:00 PM
Cats' staff - I'm very glad it cheered your journey. I do so hate crowded trains and don't envy you a bit!

Kizzy is much more the huntress. She kills her prey but always gives it to Pip if he shows interest - soft as butter she is with him.

Jacks, dear Minnie ..... what chance a photo of her casing the joint???

paulinef2
07-05-2011, 10:19 PM
Tiger has killed many a vole in his past hunting life, poor wee things. So beautiful too. He took back a mouse which looked suspiciously like someone's pet mouse too :(