PDA

View Full Version : Kate & Will Kittens!

Miranda Luck
22-04-2011, 03:37 PM
News from the rescue centres is that the kitten season is well and truly under-way and space is now becoming an issue.

Catching peoples attention helps with adoptions so some rescues are giving pairs of kittens the royal touch and naming them 'Kate and Will' to increase their chances of getting a home!

Would you be swayed by names or 'wedding fever' ? :?

angieh
22-04-2011, 03:51 PM
Not me Miranda!!!

However, I do wish the rescue centres all the very best of luck in finding homes for the kittens, whatever tactic they employ.

I think most of us here on Catsey are committed to the neuter/spay message but I often wonder whether there should be a national campaign - tv/radio etc. Would it help?

dandysmom
22-04-2011, 04:02 PM
I wouldn't be swayed, no, although it's a clever idea and hope some little ones can find a forever home with its help.

Miranda Luck
22-04-2011, 06:18 PM
Not me Miranda!!!

However, I do wish the rescue centres all the very best of luck in finding homes for the kittens, whatever tactic they employ.

I think most of us here on Catsey are committed to the neuter/spay message but I often wonder whether there should be a national campaign - tv/radio etc. Would it help?

There are periodic national campaigns - CP (and others) do great work (free or subsidised neutering) and I think a tv/radio campaign would be ideal - but I'm sure there is an issue of limited finances/lack of resources etc.

Velvet
23-04-2011, 01:47 AM
Wouldnt sway me! Hope it helps tho

Squirrel
23-04-2011, 08:22 AM
In some ways I think it kind of cute. But it's not really something I'd choose a cat on, and really, I couldn't have a cat called Kate anyway - far too similar to my own name...

pamela81
23-04-2011, 10:33 AM
i wouldnt sway, i changed both my rescue cats names when i brought them home as the rescuse centre had given them the names Casey jones (now Harris) and Brandy (now Skye) didnt like either names