PDA

View Full Version : Cats + Rain/hail

Velvet
12-04-2011, 02:06 AM
Im sure you can just picture the scene, sun splitting out of the skies, Tim + Amber playing in their run, Amber has taken to jumping about 3ft up in the air to catch passing flies :-D Tim stalks immaginary prey - or perhaps real, I just can't see it:-D

I heard the first few splatters of rain and called the dogs in - living at the sea a gentle shower can turn into a downpour at the blink of an eye. Went to the cat flap to call the kids in - by this time the rain had come on and horror of horrors there was hail as well.

Amber had ran into the box [its a food bin on its side - just until I get a Katakabin ] - she likes it and quite often sits in it, waiting to pounce on Tim as he goes past. :-D Amber knows what rain is......! She knows to shelter......

Tim crouched down, ran up the run, back down, looked upwards in amazement [totally ignored my calls] then he sat down and did a "wee" in the pouring rain/hail :-D

About half an hour later we had a really bad hail shower and both of them shot in through the catflap, past me and ran up the back stairs to the sun room - what an initiation to wet weather.

Later when I went out after another heavy shower, they were both sitting on the shelf inside beside the cat flap - they now know to come in when its wet and wait until its over:-D

angieh
12-04-2011, 12:15 PM
Poor wee ones - I hadn't even thought that they wouldn't know what rain felt like, let alone hail! As you say, they know now. I could picture the whole thing as you described it!

dandysmom
12-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Ah, the dark side of the outdoors! The sun and gentle breezes are lovely; now they've learned about rain and hail. I wonder what they'll think of snow come next Winter? That was a really good word picture; I could just visualize the whole scene.

calismum
12-04-2011, 04:32 PM
Poor babies - loved Tim deciding rain = wet = wee!

Velvet
12-04-2011, 09:24 PM
Poor babies - loved Tim deciding rain = wet = wee!

It was funny at the time, it will be better when i get the proper outdoor cat shelters for them then they can
choose whether to stay out or come in. Its certainly been a success - they are in seventh heaven. They spend a fair amount of time scooting in & out of the cat flap - thats a very exciting thing to do:)