PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for fallout

Kazz
29-03-2011, 05:39 PM
I am not normally a pessimistic person, honestly I am not but today while weeding down the side of the house....the young girl of about 8-9 from the maisonettes opposite me came across with a cute well adorable 7-8 week old black pup, possibly a bit of collie or possibly a bit of GSD; possibly neither but a good old fashioned heinz57 pup. However he is a nice chap.
The people are new, well about 8 months and the mother I am told suffers from some sort of anxiety she does not come out at all. They live in a townhouse upstairs maisonette no direct access to a garden, Mom, Dad a nice chap who is a taxi driver I think, the young girl and a lad who is about 17 and maybe a baby not sure. They are a nice family, they have a cat who is not allowed inside............It appears to have moved in with the woman downstairs....I did not realise that it was their cat till today when the girl told me.
Anyhow onto the pup he was being walked by the girl today well out on a lead......(the girl was off school sick)....she then proceeded to tell me she has had 11 dogs and 7 cats...................................but they all run away.......she is at tops 9.
The pup called Tyson, is so friendly as all pups are; she obviously loves the pup. I had a bit of a stroke and play and showed her to call him to her by clicking her tongue etc, she is a lovely girl but she is a bit over friendly.....while I was fussing the pup she said “If you want him you can have him, he likes you, and he will run off soon!!!!!!! ” I said “no” obviously and her Mom called her in......she was in for about 10 minutes out she came again complete with pup but no lead............holding the collar. The pup looked shattered and was falling asleep standing up. I called up to the Mom and said so. The girl took the pup in. You know you get a sinking feeling.

Elaine
29-03-2011, 05:45 PM
Oh dear, how very sad and frustrating. I hate these kinds of situations coz I cannt keep my bloody mouth shut.

Kazz
29-03-2011, 06:16 PM
I am hoping to keep my mouth shut................. when I popped to the post box posting Cencus form I saw the pup out again with the girl again....and he had chewing gum in the fur of his outside left ear flap.......

Squirrel
29-03-2011, 06:18 PM
:o Poor puppy! No wonder they don't stay long! And how come they keep getting pets if they are that 'happy go lucky' about how long said animal remains with them. Oh why don't we blacklist people from keeping pets!!! :?

angieh
29-03-2011, 07:40 PM
When oh when will all people realise that care MUST be given to all living creatures .... poor puppy. It is our privilege and obligation.

MrsH
29-03-2011, 08:02 PM
I feel pessimistic too! Has the pup had his vaccs? fat chance! and yet there he is outside walkiing, picking up goodness knows what bugs as well as the gum! D'you know, I hope they tire of him soon and maybe he'll get a better home.

alexgirl73
29-03-2011, 08:08 PM
:( That is just so sad. Poor, poor wee puppy.

The neighbours 2 doors up from me got a wee pup last year. A lovely little B&W mongrel. The kids are tearaways to be perfectly frank, and they were forever hauling it about the head tucked under the arm, body dangling. Saw them bouncing it about on the trampoline too. But the worst was them constantly letting it run onto the road, never having it on a leash. I gave them an absolute rollicking twice, to no effect. No point talking to the mum as her english isn't very good. Well the worst happened, and little Panda was knocked over and killed by a passing car. I was devestated, but some people just shouldn't be allowed pets!!

Kazz
29-03-2011, 08:19 PM
I feel pessimistic too! Has the pup had his vaccs? fat chance! and yet there he is outside walkiing, picking up goodness knows what bugs as well as the gum! D'you know, I hope they tire of him soon and maybe he'll get a better home.

I doubt he has had his jabs either. Oddly while I was sweeping the little girl kept saying he is a nuisance isn't he I know she was merely trying to engage me into conversation but he was merely being a pup I kept saying "shows he's clever being interested of whats going on" I shall wait and see, with them being new I have no idea of their turnover of pets......

Velvet
29-03-2011, 11:04 PM
Very sad......,

Moli
29-03-2011, 11:10 PM
Unfortunately he is one of many poor pups in this situation...and where do they all end up....in rescue!:(

Kazz
29-03-2011, 11:13 PM
Unfortunately he is one of many poor pups in this situation...and where do they all end up....in rescue!:(
And another one arrives.

Moli
29-03-2011, 11:27 PM
I just do not understand how people treat their animals sometimes...We had neighbours behind us and they kept a staffie and a jack russel kennelled all the time, that poor staff used to cry all the time..Thankfully they have moved..I felt so for those poor animals, they could here my girls playing in the garden....

Kazz
30-03-2011, 02:00 AM
No history for the family I have no idea if it is a family that has animals in a rotating door way. Maybe its me being a bit too soft, or no faith.

Will wait and see. Will mention to the Dad when I see him that mine is a good vets....see how we go from there.

Oh and the pup is called Rocky not Tyson..................a senior moment there the cat is called Tyson..............