Squirrel
24-03-2011, 10:51 PM
Never heard of it...

lynz85
24-03-2011, 10:51 PM
me neither, what is it?

farthing
25-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Mustard was titre tested for toxoplasmosis. I am assuming you are asking with referrance to vaccination. My understanding is that it does not test immunity, it tests recent exposure to an infection so is not a reliable method of finding out whether vaccination is needed or not.

Velvet
26-03-2011, 02:30 AM
A discussion over on Dogsey made me wonder if folks got cats Titre tested as well

Its not something we do, our dogs are boostered every year but not everyone agrees with it. Devotees of Tire testing appear to feel it is 100% although I did read on another forum that was not always the case

Liz
26-03-2011, 01:28 PM
We had ours done after loosing Gem to FIP only Baby Gorgeous Miss Beijing Gems surviving kitten was high and is a Corona carrier

borderdawn
27-03-2011, 10:00 PM
Titre testing (in dogs anyway) is NOT a reliable way of measuring immunity, it measures circulating antibodies, NOT memory cells which is what determines immunity. Memory cells cannot be measured.

Velvet
28-03-2011, 10:22 AM
Titre testing (in dogs anyway) is NOT a reliable way of measuring immunity, it measures circulating antibodies, NOT memory cells which is what determines immunity. Memory cells cannot be measured.

Particular person on dogsey wouldnt agree with you, nearly chewed my nose off! (lol). Had run ins before so had to state on a post i was "not" going to argue with them over it

We booster yearly simply because (like so many others) im involved with a few rescues - never forgive myself if something happened & the dogs were not protected. Its something weve always done. Kitts will be same & god willing Tim wont take such bad reaction this year if its sPlit in two :)

wilbar
28-03-2011, 02:40 PM
Borderdawn is completely right:

http://www.caberfeidh.com/Titers.htm

This article explains the principles of titre tsting very well.

Velvet
28-03-2011, 03:55 PM
Borderdawn is completely right:

http://www.caberfeidh.com/Titers.htm

This article explains the principles of titre tsting very well.

Thanks for the link Wilbur, wish i'd had this info to hand last week