PDA

View Full Version : Eileen update

Kazz
20-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Evening all

I have just spoken yes spoken to Eileen I rang the hospital and spoke to her think I took her by surprise Sorry Eileen when you read this.

Anyhow Eileen sends her love to everyone, catsey and OFF both and is touched that everyone is thinking of her. I gave her all your love and best wishes, and the love and best wishes of the OFF too.

Leia is going to Carolyn’s today (smuggled in again) and has been fed watched over by Christopher - Eileen's neighbour till now. Eileen is due to undergo a procedure Upper & Lower GI tomorrow, and hopes to be home tomorrow. She is anaemic and is undergoing transfusions, as that and the breathing issue has caused the admittance to hospital. She does sound a little short of breath but is trying to bounce back.

Anyhow I gave her our love from both sites and best wishes as I say and she was totally taken aback when I spoke I don't think she expected that! But hey what are friends for.

Mags
20-03-2011, 08:48 PM
Thanks for posting that Kazz, I'm glad you managed to get through to her ...... I bet that was a tonic in itself to her;)

I hope she gets her wish to come home tomorrow.

Squirrel
20-03-2011, 09:04 PM
Oh thank you for the update Kazz. That's so good to hear - and know whats going on as much as anything. Not fantastic, but not terrible either. Pretty well what you expect for a hospital stay (or what my friends over here call a trip to the 'NHS hotel').

Good to know what's happening with Leia, also.

Hope you're back here and reading these messages very soon Eileen. You're very much missed by friends new and old alike.

THanks Kazz - so good to know that you were able to get in touch. :-D

lynz85
20-03-2011, 09:05 PM
thanks kazz, i bet it was a lovely surprise for eileen for you to call her :)
hope everything goes well with her procedure tomorrow.

Elaine
20-03-2011, 09:32 PM
Kazz, what the hell are you doing to the woman? She must have almost had a heart attack when she heard you on the phone.:shock:
No seriously Kazz, that was a lovely thing to do and I'm sure Eileen was over joyed by the whole thing.
Thanx for passing on all our thoughts and good wishes. xxx

MrsH
20-03-2011, 09:34 PM
I bet she was surprised! It sounds as though she's been in quite a poor way, hope she's out of there and all better soon!

yola
20-03-2011, 09:51 PM
Karen, you're a love! If anyone were to do that it would be you - and thanks for doing it too mate :) Great to hear from Eileen herself that she's been looked after and dear Leia is amongst friends, which in itself must be a huge relief.

Moli
20-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the update Kazz, you have proably cheer Eileen up no end with your call...Hope all goes well with her tests, and she is home soon...

Shelley123
20-03-2011, 09:59 PM
Thanks for getting in touch with Eileen, Karen and passing on our good wishes.
Great that Christopher has looked after Leia and now Carolyn.
It will be a big relief to Eileen to know she is safe.

Kim
20-03-2011, 10:19 PM
How kind of you Kazz, I bet Eileen was really touched by that. Many thanks for the update. x

alexgirl73
20-03-2011, 10:23 PM
You're a wee star Karen :D Thank you for the update and so glad to hear that Eileen is hoping to be home tomorrow. Sending lots of love for her continued improvement xx

pinklizzy
20-03-2011, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the update Kazz, bet she was really pleased to hear from you! x

EmmaG
20-03-2011, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the update Kazz, I hope you get better soon Eileen xxxx

angieh
20-03-2011, 11:14 PM
Now there's a girl with real gumption! Thanks for passing on our best wishes and finding out how Eileen is and that Leia is OK. Good on ya, Kazz.

babycakes
20-03-2011, 11:23 PM
Awww what a lovely thing to do Kazz.

Thanks for the update. Hope she is on the mend and feeling better ASAP xx

Tink
21-03-2011, 02:16 AM
How wonderful of you to call. Bet she was surprised :D

Velvet
21-03-2011, 02:26 AM
Thats marvellous news and thank you Karen for getting touch, Im sure Eileen was thrilled. Fingers [and toes] crossed that all goes well and Eileen gets home tomorrow. Good news about little Leia.

Squirrel
21-03-2011, 08:45 AM
HI Eileen... Just a quick note to say that I hope all goes well for you later on today (exceptionally early for you right now of course!!!) and that I hope you're soon out and reading this for yourself. Today, Tomorrow or the day after...

Thoughts and prayers with you.

Kazz
21-03-2011, 07:43 PM
I have to say I the nurse or whoever I spoke to was a little taken aback, when I said "I am ringing from England to speak to Eileen"

She did repeat "England, really England"

I think Eileen took the call in her stride but it was nice to double check she was okay. I did mention if she needed anything we could all fit in Elaine's van and be over there by Christmas. Which made her laugh. ;)

Squirrel
21-03-2011, 08:06 PM
*laughs* Brilliant Kazz. Both for the nurses reaction (wonder how many long distance calls they get like that in a year!?!) and for the van ride over to see Eileen and take her anything she wants - I'm in! :-)

Rather reminds me of the google-maps instructions regarding how to get from USA to Japan (think that's what it was...) One of the steps was to get into your canoe and paddle across a rather large stretch of water... :lol: :roll:

Elaine
21-03-2011, 08:38 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok the van is ready, just checked the air pressure in the tyres and we're good to go.

Any news on Eileen today? Hope she is on the mend and home very very soon.

calismum
21-03-2011, 09:59 PM
Kazz, what a wonderful thing to do.

So pleased you were able to tell her we're all thinking about her and the Princess.

Mags
21-03-2011, 10:22 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok the van is ready, just checked the air pressure in the tyres and we're good to go.

Any news on Eileen today? Hope she is on the mend and home very very soon.
No news from Eileen's neighbour today so I'm hoping no news is good news!