PDA

View Full Version : Tim gave us a fright....

Velvet
13-03-2011, 09:49 PM
Tim gave us a fright today. He got wedged in a small space above the utility room, between the shed (attached to house) roof & floor of the sun room which is above the utility room/shed. *My heart did double take as i realised where he was. *How he got there is anyones guess. Its such a height.

Speaking very calmly *i knew if i was to get my wee Tim down safely, everything needed to be very very calm . *Visions of having to pull up floorboards in the sunroom flashed into my head

Speaking normally i called my boy & he crept cautiously towards the edge of the roof, after few mins realised he didnt know how to get down. Taking myself up the back stairs until i was more or less level with him, kept calling him but he was too scared of the height to move much, so gingerly i reached over the stair rails *- they run horizontal, stroked his wee face with my left hand & leaning much too far across, i scooped him up into my arms where he yowled his indignation at such a massive hug. He got a small handful of cat treats & lots & lots of fussing.

The "space" is now blocked off. He hasnt left the house since!

Hreow
13-03-2011, 09:51 PM
Getting there... I think it is their teleportation that sometimes goes wrong?
Very well done in keeping calm and doing just the right things!

ETA missing 't'

dandysmom
13-03-2011, 10:44 PM
Scary for both of you; glad it worked out OK! Well done staying calm and not radiating panic, which I'd probably have done. They can fit into the damndest placcs!!!

Squirrel
13-03-2011, 10:58 PM
*hugs Velvet and gives Tim a comforting rub*

How scary Velvet. But well done you for keeping your head and finding him a way down.

Wee soul's confidence is knocked of ourse, but given some time and good old home comforts, am sure he'll be his own self again soon.

angieh
13-03-2011, 11:17 PM
So glad the adventure ended safely. Well done both of you!

fancyabrew
14-03-2011, 11:34 AM
We’ve started to let Marmaduke out in to the garden, under supervision, he’s 5 months so hasn’t been neutered or chipped yet, anyway he likes it and doesn’t like being put back inside. Now the little sod has worked out he can open the door to the utility, as the catch is a bit loose, and then if he’s lucky he’ll find the fanlight open on the window (if the tumble dryer is on it gets hot so we open the window) Anyway Saturday I was in the garden and the doors were closed next minute I spy him rummaging around! I wondered how he’d got out, so I put him back inside went back out in to the garden just in time to see him climbing out of the utility fanlight!

angieh
14-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Sounds as if he's an escapologist. Roll on the time for his snip and chip.

fancyabrew
14-03-2011, 02:42 PM
I think Chloe would second that, after the snip he might stop attacking her! Still a couple of months to go yet we'll probably wait till he's 7 months or so to give him time for his face to round

lynz85
14-03-2011, 02:46 PM
glad you got tim safely down!! it is frightening the things they can get up/into!