PDA

View Full Version : Schrodinger Smudge strikes again

cats' staff
08-03-2011, 09:19 PM
I don't know HOW she does it?

Last night I put some clean washing away in the airing cupboard. As far as I could see the cupboard was empty with Cleo on the bed and Smudge and Tolly on the sofas. I then had a shower and was nice and relaxed, listening to the radio, towelling my hair dry when the airing cupboard door was thrown open with a bang! There was Smudge on the middle shelf glaring at me. I leapt out of my skin!
I don't know where she had come from and quite how she threw the door open with such force but I was obviously disturbing Madam's snooze and she was most displeased.
I think she has developed the ability to move through walls- this is a very scary thought..........

angieh
08-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Now I'm confused .... isn't it usually Cleo that sleeps in the airing cupboard? Don't suppose they've gone in for shape shifting as well as moving through walls?

Humans as a race are so easily confused!

cats' staff
08-03-2011, 09:45 PM
Sorry Angie, I have just edited the original as I realised it doesn't make sense! I always look in the cupboard to see if Cleo is there for a head scratch so seeing no-one I thought it was empty. Madam must have taken to hiding in there somewhere!

dandysmom
08-03-2011, 09:48 PM
I too thought the airing cupboard was Cleo's domain.

But, the only conclusion I can come up with is that Smudge has mastered the art of teleportation .....

angieh
08-03-2011, 09:48 PM
They have both decided to become cupboard inspectors then ... except they fall asleep on the job!

I'd better not tell that particular story to either of mine - they do take their inspections very seriously!!!

angieh
08-03-2011, 09:49 PM
I think Eileen has it ..... teleportation!

cats' staff
08-03-2011, 09:51 PM
I think Eileen has it ..... teleportation!

Oh no, please don't say that! We have been buying 3 for 2 deals on cat food and have quite a stock. If they teleport into that cupboard we will end up with furry spheres.....!

angieh
08-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Wellllll ............. that could be the random event!

cats' staff
08-03-2011, 09:55 PM
Wellllll ............. that could be the random event!

random event?

dandysmom
08-03-2011, 10:03 PM
I just hope Smudge doesn't teach the others how to teleport ....... I think Leia has learned the invisibility trick; she was absolutely positively NOT in a room and then just suddenly materializes from out of nowhere ..... :roll:

dandysmom
08-03-2011, 10:09 PM
Now that I think about it, we have an actual literary illustration of the phenomena: the Cheshire Cat! He either teleported away or slowly donned the cloak of invisibility .......

cats' staff
08-03-2011, 10:52 PM
Right, well I'm off to check the whereabouts of each cat before I LOCK the bathroom door for a peaceful shower.......

I think Smudge has perfected the Cheshire Cat frown.

Squirrel
08-03-2011, 11:04 PM
Cheshire cat always creeped me out a bit...

cats' staff
08-03-2011, 11:27 PM
Cheshire cat always creeped me out a bit...

Did you ever read 'Peanuts'? Snoopy's Cheshire Beagle cracked me up!

Squirrel
08-03-2011, 11:40 PM
Did you ever read 'Peanuts'? Snoopy's Cheshire Beagle cracked me up!

Honestly can't remember, but I don't think I recognise the Cheshire Beagle...