PDA

View Full Version : poor wee boy needs a home

pamela81
06-03-2011, 09:05 PM
Hi everyone, my neighbour pssed away last week and has left her wee cat ownerless, he s 5year old and needs someone to love him. The neighbours son is checking on him just now until the funeral and other thinsg are sorted and over with. They phoned the SSPCA and they said they would tale hi but would put him to sleep after 5 days of he wasnt re-homed. I have contacted teh cats protection and they have a waiting list so cant take him. Does anyone have any other suggestions for re-homing this poor wee boy?

Squirrel
06-03-2011, 09:11 PM
poor wee one. :(

alexgirl73
06-03-2011, 10:23 PM
oh no :( I so wish I knew of someone who could take him, will put a message on my FB to see if any of my Cumbernauld family know of anyone.

pamela81
06-03-2011, 10:49 PM
that would be great alex, thank you :)

angieh
06-03-2011, 10:55 PM
Good luck finding him a new home. Poor little cat.

dandysmom
06-03-2011, 10:59 PM
That is so sad. Hope something can be done; people should make provision for the care of their loved companion when and if ..... :(

lynz85
06-03-2011, 11:05 PM
poor wee guy! why would the sspca put him to sleep? they do rehome cats dont they?

pamela81
06-03-2011, 11:07 PM
unfortunately when she got rufus the cat, she was in the early stages of demetia as the family later found out. Her death wasnt expected either eventhough she was in hospital when she passed. I was asked by my mum if i could do anything to help, ive tried all i can think of now so just need to wait and see what happens now. If we hadnt of gotten Skye then we could maybe have taken him even temporary but with my 2 still getting used to each other, i dont want to introduce another cat and stress them out anymore as they are just beginning to settle. The wee cat is in clydebank just now still in his owners house with people going in and checking on him just now but when her estate is settled, thats when the poor wee soul will be desperate for a forever home.

Lyns, thats what i would have thought as well, but apparently when the neighbours son got on to them, thats what he was told :( That was by teh one in Milton (west Dunbartonshire) Ive contacted another 1 in Glasgow and told them what ive been told, so will see if i get a reply back from them that might be more positive for rufus

lynz85
06-03-2011, 11:14 PM
i do hope its a better response! they have cats for rehoming on their website thats why i thought it odd they would pts a cat.

pamela81
06-03-2011, 11:20 PM
i know, its ridiculous, they are trying to cut down on the number of wee strays, and giving cats who need it a new loving home. Not put them to sleep, i will keep the forum updated on whats happening, hopefully it will be good news for him.

Velvet
07-03-2011, 03:44 AM
If you try and find out if there are smaller rescues nearabouts which take in cats/dogs you might have better luck. There are many a lot unregistered charities that take in cats and dogs or one or the other who would perhaps take him on.

I hope the wee soul gets sorted

pamela81
12-03-2011, 12:16 PM
a wee update on rufus, the family have contacted sunny harbour who have said they will have space for him in about a week. They have also given them details of shelters closer to them so they dont have to travel as far with him but they will take him if the family cant get him in anywhere else

angieh
12-03-2011, 12:24 PM
That's good news - at least they have a fail safe plan. Poor little Rufus.

alexgirl73
12-03-2011, 12:59 PM
oh thank goodness, been worrying about him.

jan
15-03-2011, 07:07 PM
How sad for poor Rufus, I do hope he finds a loving home as he surely deserves it. How heart warming how many people care though. I wish the poor boy all the best for a long and happy life. Jan x

Elaine
15-03-2011, 07:26 PM
With regards to the sspca, it depend on where their nearest rehoming centre is and how full it is. Aberdeen is getting a rehoming centre soon but at the moment any cats they pick up are handed to Mrs Murrays Cat and Dog Home, who pts after 5 days.

I pleased things are looking better for this cat though. xxx

dandysmom
15-03-2011, 08:08 PM
Always good to have a Plan B. I do hope Rufus can find a loving home .....

pamela81
15-03-2011, 10:31 PM
I was told today that 1 of the neighbours grandkids have taken him to live wì them and their 2 other cats which is fantastic. A nice happy ending

Liz
15-03-2011, 10:32 PM
Sarah at Sunny Harbour is a mate of mine and we have one of the harbour babies here as a resident foster she was very badly traumatised and I have spent 9 months turning her from a shredder to a nice girl for me she just hates everyone else!

The Harbour is a lovely place run by Sarah and her OH Paul they are lovely

jan
19-03-2011, 10:13 PM
So happy to hear Rufus has a loving home. Thanks for the update to put our minds at rest! Jan x

angieh
19-03-2011, 11:27 PM
That's great news pamela. Hope all goes well for Rufus in his new home.

Moli
28-03-2011, 10:26 PM
Brilliant ending for Rufus.well done.........