PDA

View Full Version : A day in the Cattery

Velvet
25-02-2011, 03:42 AM
Well early yesterday we set off with the kittens in the carrier plus the two dogs. Normally when in the car Tim yowls full volume from we leave the house until we got back, however with the dogs beside him we only got the occasional bewildered yowl.

As we were leaving the house Plumbing Squad had arrived:shock:

When we got to the Cattery I lifted the cat box out of the car and Harvey looked worried and tried to follow but stayed once told. I felt a rat handing the kittens over to the Vet Nurse and leaving them there:(

The rest of the journey to my sisters was different as Harvey had got himself worked up because we had left his "babies" behind at the vets! Poor dog was very agitated.

We went back to the Cattery at 4pm to find the Vet Nurses and Receptionists swooning over the "lovely friendly cats" . As I glad to see them again, both gave little muted meows when they saw me.

Once the box was in the car both dogs rushed to the box and were kissing/licking the kittens through the wire door and they were holding their wee faces up to the dogs:) The whole way home both the dogs lay tight up to the box with their faces at the wire front

Amber was fine when we got home, bit clingy but okay, as for Mr Tim, I was given the cold shouder big time! ...and for the first time in his life he didnt sleep on my bed. They are both better settled today and back to routines

Just as well we got them home same day as neither the Electrician or Tiler turned up today so the cats would have been away for nothing!

Tonight Harvey and Tim were curled up together, Amber was being Amber and getting into mischief and Katie was happy to snooze gently on the mat.

Since no one had the curtesy to tell us they wouldnt be here today, we are going to go out tomorrow for a grocery shop + trip to PAH for some cat food!!

Harvey + Tim snuggled up together tonight [excuse my foot]

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/rosievelvet/fd680358.jpg

Kobster
25-02-2011, 06:20 AM
I love how much they love each other! Precious!

Squirrel
25-02-2011, 09:01 AM
Ooooh! That's a lovely story! So glad they got on alright at the cattery, even if Tim did give you the cold shoulder! What loving sooks those dogs of yours are! :-D

dandysmom
25-02-2011, 05:18 PM
Glad it went well ........ has Tim forgiven you yet?

angieh
25-02-2011, 06:58 PM
What a lovely story of dog/cat devotion!

Did you at least get rid of the big cast iron bath???

Velvet
26-02-2011, 02:58 AM
Glad it went well ........ has Tim forgiven you yet?

Yes thankfully, back to his purring happy self:-D

Velvet
26-02-2011, 03:18 AM
What a lovely story of dog/cat devotion!

Did you at least get rid of the big cast iron bath???

The bath has gone it was split in two length wise and the Builder from next door took it away in his trailer. The tiler is coming in tomorrow to re-tile the walls and the electrcian Monday, shall be glad when all finished

The kittens got into the bathroom today and the shock of no bath:shock:

When the floor covering was lifted they discovered the most attractive grey/red floor tiles, the guy is coming tomorrow to scrape them down. The bathroom is very rough at the minute but you can see the potentional;) ;)

Pic below of what was discovered under the lino!! Once restored and polished up they should be quite nice. Its quite exciting starting to restore something like this. We have also discovered the same tiles in the hall and living room area - that will wait though the bathroom has the priority!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/rosievelvet/8feba5ef.jpg

angieh
26-02-2011, 11:55 AM
What a great surprise - nice tiles, are they Victorian?

Always think bathroom decoration is the second worst area of the house, first being the kitchen!

Velvet
26-02-2011, 12:23 PM
What a great surprise - nice tiles, are they Victorian?

Always think bathroom decoration is the second worst area of the house, first being the kitchen!

Dont know what they are Angie, Tiler says they are very much in "vogue" at minute. The house was built in 1800's.

Tiler's here at the moment & animals fascinated :)

angieh
26-02-2011, 12:28 PM
Yes, very much so ... and real original tiles are becoming very rare.

Squirrel
26-02-2011, 12:33 PM
That's a brilliant find! :) Glad to hear the animals are intrigued at the tiler, though hope they not so fascinated they interrupting his (?) work!

Bathroom and Kitchen are two places I've not touched decor wise since I moved into my council flat 2 years back... Mind, I felt that as long as bedroom/lounge were 'mine' the rest didn't matter so much!

Netty
26-02-2011, 04:47 PM
Squirrel, they dont "interrupt", they "help"! lol. Am dreading the workmen coming to install a new boiler next week, that will be fun with Oliver!!

Velvet
27-02-2011, 12:07 AM
They were not near the Tiler! He was in & out front door like a yoyo, dogs in with us & kittens at the back of the house getting up to mischief:)

Squirrel
27-02-2011, 09:01 AM
Rats! Think of all the missed opportunities! :-D

And very true Netty! :)