PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a favourite chocolate bar?

angieh
23-02-2011, 09:17 PM
I find nowadays most chocolate bars disappoint - they don't taste like I remember them! I prefer a bar of "proper" chocolate now in preference to all of the popular "bars".

But I still like Snickers, used to be called Marathon ...... what's your favourite naughty chocolate bar delight?

dandysmom
23-02-2011, 09:18 PM
I don't know if you have them ... Nestle's Crunch?

pamela81
23-02-2011, 09:19 PM
interesting topic angie :) I used to love marathon bars but i am now allergic to peanuts so cant eat them. I have 2 favourites. Bounty and crunchie always so hard to pick between them!!!

lynz85
23-02-2011, 09:21 PM
yum! yes dm we have them here, i love the white choc one!

i have a sweet tooth, so theres a few i like!! i prefer cadbury's choc to nestle and galaxy. i think my fave might be a wispa!! was so glad they brought them back :)

angieh
23-02-2011, 09:23 PM
I don't know if you have them ... Nestle's Crunch?

Certainly we used to .... I remember them - I expect they are still on sale here, I've just not noticed them!

Bounty, yes ... but must be the dark choc variety!

calismum
23-02-2011, 09:26 PM
Ripple.......................

angieh
23-02-2011, 09:34 PM
Ripple.......................

Can't forget the sensuous advert!

Leesy
23-02-2011, 09:36 PM
I used to love the Fry`s mint chocolate bars if any body remembers them, but you don`t often see them about any more and mintolas. Fave choc is a tie between After Eight mints and Chocolate Orange:D

calismum
23-02-2011, 09:54 PM
I used to love the Fry`s mint chocolate bars if any body remembers them, but you don`t often see them about any more and mintolas. Fave choc is a tie between After Eight mints and Chocolate Orange:D

ooooh I could eat a whole one!! After my Ripple of course :-D

Mags
23-02-2011, 09:54 PM
My favourite chocolate years ago was Yorkie but now it's Cadbury's Wholenut ...... in fact I wouldn't say no to any chocolate with nuts in!:lol:

Leesy
23-02-2011, 09:58 PM
ooooh I could eat a whole one!! After my Ripple of course :-D
:lol: :lol: :lol: Glad to hear I am not the only one who could eat a whole one in one go.

Shelley123
23-02-2011, 10:16 PM
so hard to pick just one so i won't :D
I love flakes, wholenut, topics, milk bounties, twisted, orange frys creme , green and blacks almond bar and many more. How greedy am i :D

angieh
23-02-2011, 10:22 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOh Green and Black's Almond ..... but that's what I would class as "proper" chocolate"

Shelley123
23-02-2011, 10:26 PM
Angie i can remember going to the corner shop for a bar of cadburys dairy milk and it cost 1D

angieh
23-02-2011, 10:31 PM
Yes, I remember those 1d bars .................... quite thin, but tasted very nice.

calismum
23-02-2011, 10:32 PM
Yes, I remember those 1d bars .................... quite thin, but tasted very nice.

Me too - they were just right for a quick fix!

lynz85
23-02-2011, 11:34 PM
mmm making me hungry for chocolate!!
i dont know why but i absolutely love easter egg chocolate, cadburys. maybe because its thinner?

Velvet
24-02-2011, 03:59 AM
Twirls, twix, cadburys caramel, Lindt bunnies, & bar milk cadburys choc. I just suck a square slowly!!

Im a chocoholic & love it!!! :)

Kim
24-02-2011, 07:47 PM
I just love chocolate!!!!

I remember those 1d bars!!

Easter egg chocolate is different somehow, more yummy and I'm loving the caramel eggs atm. Love flakes, Fruit & Nut, whole nut, Snickers (I preferred them called Marathon too! lol) As I said I just love chocolate!! ;)

angieh
24-02-2011, 08:02 PM
Thought this thread might temp us chocoholics to say "Yea, I :smt049 chocolate!"

Do you trust people who say they don't like chocolate??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ollies mum
24-02-2011, 08:07 PM
Leesy
When I was little( I wont say how old I am but its in the title of a Beatles song "When........")my dad used to buy me a Frys cream (or creme) bar every Friday night and I used to love it.
Saw them in a shop not long ago and bought one- didnt enjoy it at all ,(because it was dark chocolate )and it ruined my happy memory of Friday nights.

Did have a phase for Terrys Chocolate Orange,till 1 Christmas my mum and both of my kids bought me 1-of course I had to eat them or theyd have been offended.!!!!

My favourites , now, are something Cadburys -Flake or Caramel perhaps .My all time favourite is a Cadburys Creme Egg -or 2 ,or....
Maureen

angieh
24-02-2011, 08:34 PM
I am surprised that others have mentioned Fry's Chocolate Creme bars ...... I really didn't and don't like them, especially as a child. There was a very kind elderly couple who lived opposite my childhood home and whenever I was over at their house I would be given a Fry's Chocolate Creme bar. I could never bring myself to say I didn't like it! Mr and Mrs Huws were Welsh and Mr Huws was a carpenter and made me a dolls' house. When I was sorting out my old photos I came across a picture of Mrs Huws in traditional Welsh costume.

Tanya
24-02-2011, 09:07 PM
I love white chocolate - milky buttons are lovely!!!

As for chocolate bars, I love lots! At the moment I tend to buy Boosts, Cadburys Fruit and Nut, Double Deckers or Bountys!!!

I could eat chocolate for breakfast, dinner and tea if I had my way. ;) (I don't like chocolate cereals though!!)

Tink
24-02-2011, 09:47 PM
Hmmmm...lots, I'll have to think about this one :-D

HappyKatz
25-02-2011, 06:25 PM
This is a great thread :)

I love the Original Hersheys Chocolate bar.
Hersheys Cookies & Cream White Chocolate bar.
Three Musketeers bar...and the Milky Way Dark bar.

Well now I will have to go buy some chocolate...yum! :-D